Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hopefully My New Project

armoredfist2002

Hopefully by the end of this year I would like to add the C-one carbon fibre kit to my car but first I will need some t-sport bumpers, and would like your opinions on getting the looks right.

Please read carefully, and I hope i've got everything right and I hope you'r still with me at the end

Sorry I'm not very good at photoshop, otherwise I would use that and add everything together for a final picture (any volounteers)

Here's a pic of my car (I haven't got a front face on picture)

KIF_1879.jpg

So firstly I will need the t sport bumpers (thanks to opelfruit for the pics in a previous thread)

Phase2Front.jpg

What I would like to know is what would be better, as the centre of the front bumper is black, should I have it sprayed gloss black or have it sprayed Ice blue and then the c-one carbon lip put on.

As the carbon lip is black it may stand out better on a blue bumper, but the lip is also a glossy black so both would go well together.

Here's the carbon lip

C-OneCarbonFront.jpg

It's the same on the back with the black centre, so whatever colour I decide in the end will be done both front and back.

Also I will be getting this spoiler (borrowed your pic AlJ)

spoilersr.jpg

If I decide on a glossy black centre for the bumpers, do you think the rear spoiler would look right in gloss black, or would it be better in blue.

So in the end we have either,

Ice blue bumpers with gloss black centre's and the carbon lip

or

Ice blue bumpers and centres with carbon lip,

I think both would look well,

Do I have any volounteers for a photoshop?

And finally i'll finish the car off with some AXIS Reverb wheels

AxisReverb.jpg

Your opinions please, Good or bad

From one ice blue owner to another..

I think Ice Blue with the gloss back inserts on the bumpers but the Ice Blue Spoiler is a must..

Maybe this might help?:

DSCI0020.jpg

Blue

Thanks for the picture blue, do you mind if I use it,

I'm goint to Mr T on Wednesday to get a price on the bumpers, they'll probably rip me off, unless someone on here has some for sale.

And I may take a trip to the scrapyard, see if I can find a front end smash for the rear bumper and rear smash for a front.

paint the centres gunmetal or something then have carbon lips, should lok top, where did you find those wheels there schweet

send me a pic of ur car with face.. ill photoshop it for ya m8..

no prob

add me to msn at other_side43@hotmail.com

i love to help :)

You're going to paint my spoiler Ice Blue? Don't you dare! :lol:

Seriously though, what you've got planned is gonna look sweet, mate. My vote is for an Ice Blue painted spoiler. It would look really odd and just an afterthought if not in the body colour, as it blends into the roof pretty well. You'd get away with it possibly with a spoiler like that in the c-one pic but even then I'd go with colour coordinated.

As for the front and rear T-Sport bumpers, aren't they black in the centres anyway, just matt black (or at least a sheen?). If so, why not leave them that way? Anyway, it's your car but I think the black (even gloss) will look better, and meaner! ( :thumbsup: ) than body colour in my opinion and pull the carbon lip (I like that a lot) into the overall effect of the car.

Those rims are lush too. I can't wait to see how your project turns out then I bet, neither can you! :P

Oh and when it's finished can I pop over to Wrecsam to see it and take a few pics please?

You're going to paint my spoiler Ice Blue? Don't you dare!  :lol:

Seriously though, what you've got planned is gonna look sweet, mate. My vote is for an Ice Blue painted spoiler. It would look really odd and just an afterthought if not in the body colour, as it blends into the roof pretty well. You'd get away with it possibly with a spoiler like that in the c-one pic but even then I'd go with colour coordinated.

As for the front and rear T-Sport bumpers, aren't they black in the centres anyway, just matt black (or at least a sheen?). If so, why not leave them that way? Anyway, it's your car but I think the black (even gloss) will look better, and meaner! (  :thumbsup: ) than body colour in my opinion and pull the carbon lip (I like that a lot) into the overall effect of the car.

Those rims are lush too. I can't wait to see how your project turns out then I bet, neither can you!  :P

Oh and when it's finished can I pop over to Wrecsam to see it and take a few pics please?

agree, its a nice colour should look sweet, i think the carbon will set the colour off well, all the axis gear is so nice :drool: , do it :thumbsup:

tsport bumpers are 60 quid brand new from mr t..

Bargain!

Are you sure that seems very cheap for MrT

You're going to paint my spoiler Ice Blue? Don't you dare!  :lol:

Thinking about it more now the ice blue spoiler will look better as there's not enough black paint on the centres of the bumpers to go with the spoiler.

As for the front and rear T-Sport bumpers, aren't they black in the centres anyway, just matt black (or at least a sheen?). If so, why not leave them that way? Anyway, it's your car but I think the black (even gloss) will look better, and meaner! (  :thumbsup: ) than body colour in my opinion and pull the carbon lip (I like that a lot) into the overall effect of the car.

The pic's i've had from opelfruit the centres look matt black, and I thought the gloss black would stand out more than the matt

Those rims are lush too. I can't wait to see how your project turns out then I bet, neither can you!  :P

Can't wait to get it started, my boss in work has made me promise not to buy anymore things for my car and to save my money, so i'll save my money and get it done all in one go.

My boss in work knows someone who can spray the bumpers, and I should get them done cheap.

And you'r more than welcome to have a look and take some pics

send me a pic of ur car with face.. ill photoshop it for ya m8..

no prob

add me to msn at other_side43@hotmail.com

i love to help :)

thanks, I'll get a pic tonight and sent it to you, do you have a email I could send it to as I don't use msn

Yeah - the centres on the phase two are a non shiney finish.

I'd say do the inserts gloss black and the spoiler colour coded ... will make the car look lower and tie into your wheels better.

And my new P1 bumber cost 60quid ... cost more to spray than to buy.

Should look pretty unique - looking forward to seeing it mate

Thanks for the picture blue, do you mind if I use it,

No of course not, that's why I posted it for you!

If you get some pics in the same orientation I can do photoshopping for you :thumbsup:

sure..

eternity575@gmail.com

(ppl... u can send me paypal funds too if u wish.. prefferabely more then 50 pounds)

phase 2 centres area dull silver/dark grey finish a glossy dark grey metallic would look good better than plain black

and where did u find the axis stuff

and that spoilers cool seen it on a few RS-t's

Get the T-Sport TTE spoiler, steer clear of that colour collection one in the pic.

I'm getting the TTE one for christmas hopefully!

And if you're going to get a new T-Sport bumper, try and get one without those bump guards inserted, the smooth one looks so much better!

Can't see in your pic but does your car have front fog lights? If not that's something else you will have to factor in, as T-Sport bumpers will come with the holes for them!

:thumbsup:

I don't like the t-sport spoiler, and I've already purchased the sr spoiler from eBay a few weeks ago before thinking of doing this to my car.

I already have fog light on my car so no problems there

can you afford it?

And to answer your question earpl

NO, so i'll do it bit by bit.

I will start off with getting my spoiler sprayed and fitted, and then getting the arches rolled for the 17" wheels, and buying the tsport bumpers.

Then i'll get the bumpers sprayed and fitted and then order and fit the carbon lips.

the wheels can come last as I already have some wheels