Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

190?

Bonsai

With out driving a Celica gen 7 190, are there visible signs that it really is a 190?

I've seen an import that doesn't say 190 on the back, infact is just has a letter S on the back.

Thanks

Rev counter goes higher in the 190 (10K rpm?) than the 140 (8K rpm?)... Shows how much attention I pay to my dials when I'm driving!!

Plastic engine cover says VVTLi on 190, and VVTi on 140.

They're pretty much the only guarenteed visual differences as far as I am aware...

Your more likely to see the 190 coming up behind you then going past and disappearing over the horizon. :D

Unless your driving a GT4 :P :thumbsup:

Oh, and forgot to say, welcome to the club matey! Just noticed its your first post....

Another Derby boy as well! What kind of MR2 you driving?

I have just got an SS2 and it doesnt say 'S' on the back, come to think of it- it doesnt say anything on the back- just the way I like it :)

You get the same 190 engine in the lotus elise 111R as well eh? Thats my dream car, would be nippier than a GT4, though I'll need to progress ALOT more my career for one of those. Sorry for going off on a tangent...

190 has got a chromed tailpipe extension rather than the normal exhaust on a 140.

Other than that, the only other difference is inside with the higher rpm on the dials.

Oh, and they're !Removed! quick too!! :lol:

Oh, and forgot to say, welcome to the club matey!  Just noticed its your first post....

Another Derby boy as well!  What kind of MR2 you driving?

Thanks for the info. Do you know if any of the documentation should back up the fact it's a 190?

Oh and it's a bright red Mk2 T-bar MR2. It's ok, goes well, just no space to spare! So I think it's gonna have to ba a Celica next. :thumbsup:

What do you guys think about imports with regard to insurance, parts, toyota servicing, performance etc? Or are all things equal these days?! :wacko:

Thanks for the info. Do you know if any of the documentation should back up the fact it's a 190?

The cc is slightly higher on the 190 than on the 140 - check out the pinned subjects at the top of the forum for the Gen 7 Specifications. A VVTL-i (190) engine will have a slightly larger displacement (1796cc) than the 140 (1794cc) and will show up in the V5 registration document (or similar).

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links