Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Swap Vitz

navygm

Hi,

I'm deciding to swap my vitz engine with a same engine but from 1.0lt to 1.5lt...

I need feedback of what u think pls

is there someone that has done this?

i'm trying to buy a same engine but 1.5lt vvt-i...so then I can fit an HKS turbo kit maybe.. ;)

are there any comments?

Hi,

I'm deciding to swap my vitz engine with a same engine but from 1.0lt to 1.5lt...

i'm trying to buy a same engine but 1.5lt vvt-i...so then I can fit an HKS turbo kit maybe..  ;)

are there any comments?

it should be straight forward, just get engine, gearbox, rewire most of the car or is this a mad suggestion just buy a TS, joking you may have your reasons, but if you are 100% on changing the engine then why not fit a Starlet Turbo job in i know some of the greeks have don`t it. what about a HKS turbo alot easyer and good power

Hi,

i'm trying to buy a same engine but 1.5lt vvt-i...so then I can fit an HKS turbo kit maybe..  ;)

are there any comments?

1st. its not the same engine

2nd. replacing an engine is a pain in the *****, let alone putting a different one in......

buy a t sport and save your self a lot of heartache.

Like Camshaft said .. if you were going to go to all the trouble of changing the engine then you may aswell put a more powerful or more tunable engine in altogether.

Or just save on the hassle and buy a T-sport!

:thumbsup:

I think there are some new laws in Malta about changing engines...

something about: the only engine change you CAN do is a smaller engine of the same make...

So from 1.0 Toyota you can only change it to 0.9, 0.8 Toyota..

I'm not sure about it but i've heard its something like that

Have to agree with everybody else there mate. Either buy an RS, put in a 4E-FTE, or stick a turbo on your 1.0l like CAMSHAFT

but to make a turbo in my 1.0lt i have 2 change some parts of the engine like pistons and so on..just to take the power of a turbo i think

then another thing t-sport are not available in malta. i dont know it the tsport is different from the RS..RS are available but cost lot more!

i think is a 1.5lt turbo will cost cheaper than doing an HKS turbo kit maybe on my 1.0lt

by d way what is the bhp of a 1.0lt with a turbo? and what do u have to do 2 d engine?

it's approximately equivalent to a 1.5RS. You want need to uprate any pistons unless you'll be changing the boost of the turbo, as it was designed to run at 0.4 bar if i'm not mistaken

anything above this will require the internals to be uprated

TURBO IT, the HKS unit is a bolt on unit very easy to fit, there is no need to change any of the internals at all, 110bhp!! take a look at my garage like below or type "turbo yaris" into google and click on the first link, but yea just stick a turbo onto it and when or if you want to all you have to is unbolt it and its back to standard :yes::thumbsup: anymore question on it just ask

Is it 110bhp? More than a TS?

108-110bhp when i get the new excaust system ill have it on a dyno,even HKS give figures of 104bhp and biofotos has had his on a dyno and has a reading of 108.5bhp

1.0 to 1.5 has been done though, i read an article in Banzai magazine where toyota USA tuned a canadian Echo that had the 2sz-fe 1.0 and replaced it with the 1.5, it didn't say how easy or hard it was, just that itr was possible.

those arches loom something like what yaris-on-18s was trying o cheive at the front. However these look better. It was to my understanding though that in canada they only had 1.5l echos. I'm looking forward to seeing your final results CAMSHAFT, but you must get a FMIC!

. I'm looking forward to seeing your final results CAMSHAFT, but you must get a FMIC!

no she will get a top mount to keep turbo lag to a min, a FMIC will result in to much lag............

albumpic0ac.jpg

.......plus i`ll need a small team of plumers to fit it :lol:

Camshaft mate, what is the difference between a bolt on turbo and just a turbo? I have someone who will fit the turbo to my car, just need the turbo now! :lol::thumbsup:

Camshaft mate, what is the difference between a bolt on turbo and just a turbo? I have someone who will fit the turbo to my car, just need the turbo now! :lol:  :thumbsup:

the other is held on by rubber band and lollypop stick :P , same thing i think, turbo/bolt on turbo, man stick/strap on same result :lol::lol: will some run me a cold shower

Hi,

are there any comments?

Siehbi tista taghmila pero apparti li tbiddel il-magna trid tbiddel il-gearbox u ecu. Nahseb izjed jaqbillek tbieh il-karozza u igib wahda RS 15 turbo u ikollok hafna inqas problemi. Trid tqis ukoll li is-chasey tal RS huwa izjed b'sahhtu u anki is-shocks huma differenti.

Now In english because that was in Maltese

You can do it but you need to change the gearbox and the ecu also. It is more worth it that you sell your car nad buy th 15 RS Turbo and you will have less problems. You need to know also that the chasey of the RS is different and it is more strong. The shocks and the suspension is different also.

That orange Yaris was in Banzai a while ago... The issue with the race-spec civic on the front...

If i remember it was shipped from japan, developed in canada, to be shipped to england... *shrug*

Ah, missed the post above it which said exactly what i just said... opps i guess

i really dislike that "wide-arch"kit shown above! the yaris just doesnt suit wide arches! flaired arches are ok but wide arch just looks silly! i like the rear end of that yaris though as like the exhausts! maybe what i would have with the K19 kit. I would much rather just buy the RS and start from there than all that fannying about with a 1 litre! not only is half of it already done for you the chassis and other parts are uprated that are basically impossible to uprate unless you have a lot of money! get a 1l and turbo it or get the 1.5 and work from there! dont confuse them! no point!

. I'm looking forward to seeing your final results CAMSHAFT, but you must get a FMIC!

no she will get a top mount to keep turbo lag to a min, a FMIC will result in to much lag............

Yeh but if you fit a decent enough BOV this will help to reduce some lag (if i'm correct, please correct me if i'm not). I'm not sure of other ways to reduce lag (don't know much about turbos). Bur perhaps a nice bonnet scoop will be in line for a top mounted intercooler. I'd almost definately try to get an FMIC when i get my turbo, as the weather is so hot in the summer, every bit helps

Yeh but if you fit a decent enough BOV this will help to reduce some lag (if i'm correct, please correct me if i'm not). I'm not sure of other ways to reduce lag (don't know much about turbos). Bur perhaps a nice bonnet scoop will be in line for a top mounted intercooler. I'd almost definately try to get an FMIC when i get my turbo, as the weather is so hot in the summer, every bit helps

Im only learning to. but what im thinking and I may be wrong but it does make sense, is the longer the air has to travel the longer it will the boost to reach the engine i.e. lag, now it may be less of a factor on higher boost cars but for a little yaris only pushing out .4PS a top mount will reduce the distance the air has to travel so lag will be reduced while the top mount may not cool the as good as a FMIC but in the case of the yaris I think a top mount is the way to go :thumbsup:

Rob does the 1.0L have a Knock sensor????

yeah true.... but not noticable. lag is the time it take for the exhaust gasses to spin the turbo fast enough to get the pressure up.

ross, all a bov does is relieve the pressure when you let off the power.......oh and SOUNDS F***ING AUSOME!!!!

yeah true.... but not noticable. lag is the time it take for the exhaust gasses to spin the turbo fast enough to get the pressure up.

ross, all a bov does is relieve the pressure when you let off the power.......oh and SOUNDS F***ING AUSOME!!!!

so my reasons to fit a topmount are kinda right, it may not be noticable but it would all help.what would you call it i mean the time it takes for the boost to reach the intake??