Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Swap Vitz

navygm

the ammount of time it takes is like the click of a finger. i'd personally go with a front mount, because;

better air flow

room for a bigger cooler

looks as sweet as :D

the ammount of time it takes is like the click of a finger. i'd personally go with a front mount, because;

better air flow

room for a bigger cooler

looks as sweet as :D

you are prob right, its a hell of a lot more work, so i`m going to say i`m right and take the lazy option if that ok :P

welllllllll.

:P

:lol:

so if you add a torbo kit to the 1.0lt would you be able to boost it a bit? or you have to change pistons and so on.. ??

from where I can find this turbo kit? and how much does it cost me?

so if you add a torbo kit to the 1.0lt would you be able to boost it a bit? or you have to change pistons and so on.. ??

HKS make it try look up the HKS europe web site to see where is your nearest dealer, most of the greek lads i think get them direct from japan so some of them might be around soon and try will tell ya how that works, the cost off TDi in the UK is £1800.

robbie

A top mounted intercooler can cause some serious lack in power whenever the car is stationary, as the heat from the engine affects it pretty badly... Which, if you think about it, means you have trouble in traffic, as well as 1/4 milers, traffic lights etc...

Best bet for a turbo is to use a front mounted one, even if it means a little more lag time, the overall power will be much higher when at low speed...

A top mounted intercooler can cause some serious lack in power whenever the car is stationary, as the heat from the engine affects it pretty badly... Which, if you think about it, means you have trouble in traffic, as well as 1/4 milers, traffic lights etc...

Best bet for a turbo is to use a front mounted one, even if it means a little more lag time, the overall power will be much higher when at low speed...

what i was thinking and it has being done is fit a chargecooler off a celica best of both worlds

HKS make it try look up the HKS europe web site to see where is your nearest dealer, most of the greek lads i think get them direct from japan so some of them might be around soon and try will tell ya how that works, the cost off TDi in the UK is £1800.

robbie

Is it really worth putting a turbo on a 1ltr?

What sort of power increase will you get? :unsure:

Is it worth the hassle and the money? wouldnt it be better to start with a bigger engine first?

Not trying to sound negative just would be interested in the figures :)

I can see why you would... Especially if you've already invested a lot of money into a car you love...

but still personnally (at this stage) i'd sell my present car, and use the money to get a TS...

Essentially because of the reliability issues, when you come to sell the car... However having a turbo yaris is pretttttty smart

Is it really worth putting a turbo on a 1ltr?

What sort of power increase will you get?  :unsure:

Is it  worth the hassle and the money?  wouldnt it be better to start with a bigger engine first?

Not trying to sound negative just would be interested in the figures  :)

I think so anyway, the power increase is up from 69bhp to 105-108bhp so a good increase, the kit itself if it was a jap yaris is very simple to fit as the FCON will suit the ECU,you could fit it a half a day. as for the price in my case was €850 i was lucky and got it off eBay in america but to get it off HKS through TDi is £1800 which is IMO too expensive but each to there own.

robbie

:lol: i do agree with ya, but like me and the car itself i`m not into suttle mods that are not in your face and i know some fool and i heard it said myself about a Glanza will say my god air breaks on a yaris . all good things come in small packages but mine has a kick to it :)

if i will install a turbo on the 1.3 litre version, i think that i need to prgram the ecu to match with the turbo

• 1 year later...
if i will install a turbo on the 1.3 litre version, i think that i need to prgram the ecu to match with the turbo

i was told that you could just use a piggy back like emanage blue or gold with the Greddy Map sensor....

i was told that you could just use a piggy back like emanage blue or gold with the Greddy Map sensor....

This thread is nearly TWO YEARS old.................................I think that the question would have been answered by now :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links