Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Speakers For My Rav

Kelstar

Hello! :D

I have just purchased a P reg RAV 4 and would desperately like to fit some different Speakers as the ones in it have blown and do not sound great with my Sony headunit.

I have made some enquiries about having some new Speakers fitted (front and rear) but have been told by one particular supplier that I will have to go to Toyota as they are specially fitted ones?!

Can anyone tell me if they have successfully had Speakers fitted without going to Toyota and if so, what size were they?

Many thanks,

Kelly

Hello!  :D

I have just purchased a P reg RAV 4 and would desperately like to fit some different speakers as the ones in it have blown and do not sound great with my Sony headunit.

I have made some enquiries about having some new speakers fitted (front and rear) but have been told by one particular supplier that I will have to go to Toyota as they are specially fitted ones?!

Can anyone tell me if they have successfully had speakers fitted without going to Toyota and if so, what size were they?

Many thanks,

Kelly

He's sort of right, I can only speak from a 2000 onwards RAV point of view but probably same senario, On my RAV I found that when I took the panels off the Speakers were on spacers not only that the Speakers were built onto the spacers - ugh!! I went to a audio dealer and bought some specific spacers for the RAV when I got home the parts were in the wrong box I wasn't going back as it was 40 miles away, so I retrofitted the speaker/spacers, you need to cut the spokes out and cut like a cardboard ring around the top then mount the Speakers into it. The other point is that you will probably need to drill the rivets out that hold the speakers in place. On the RAV 2000 onwards they have 16.6cms speakers I used the Sony XS series in mine, try to get hold of the spacers from an car audio center if you can.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for your reply Rowena461.

I think I'm gonna get them fitted by a car audio place.