Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally Got One

SamK1984

Hey all, got myself a gt4 at last. its a lovely car, bin looked after really well. But a bit of a boy racer had it before the guy that sold it to me so its got loads of little toys. Adjustable boost, Induction Kit, chipped ecu, water jets onto the intercooler, bailey dump valve, looks like an uprated intercooler too. its even got neons!! :unsure::unsure: but all in all, its a beast of a car.

couple of things i wanted to ask though. hes put some white lockwood dials on, but he must have been a complete a**e, cos they stick. are they easy to take off and re-fit??

Also it looks like hes had a new turbo put on, is there anyway i can find out what it is, if its just a replacement, or an uprated one?

Im getting a full toyota service done on tuesday just for peace of mind.

Can anyone let me know anything i should keep my eye out for?

thanks, sam

Well done matey. Welcome to the exciting (And expensive) world of GT4 ownership. Not sure about the dials. Sotal might be able to help on that one. As for the turbo, have a look on the side of the turbo nearest the Battery. If its got CT26 on it then it`s the correct one for the car. CT20 will be off a gen6 or later MR2. Anything else and god only knows what it`ll be.

Get some piccies posted asap. And justa tip.. Get rid of the neons. :lol::lol::thumbsup:

well done. :D

185, 205?

best thing to do, take pics of engine bay and turbo etc and we'll point out whats been done - sounds like you got a good one on yer hands.

when you mention dials - do you mean the needles are sticking?

cheers

its 185. yea il get some pics up asap. also another prob has just occured. whatever boy racers done these things, hes been a bit od a boger, and somehow the electrics are tied in with the speed and milometer. for example. you press the door lock button, and the speedo goes to 80mph and it turns .4 of a mile on the milometer!!! yea the needles stick, you have to tap the plastic to make em move, not all the time, only happend once. but its still not good!

its 185. yea il get some pics up asap. also another prob has just occured. whatever boy racers done these things, hes been a bit od a boger, and somehow the electrics are tied in with the speed and milometer. for example. you press the door lock button, and the speedo goes to 80mph and it turns .4 of a mile on the milometer!!!  yea the needles stick, you have to tap the plastic to make em move, not all the time, only happend once. but its still not good!

Looks like your going to have a busy weekend or two. :unsure:

Im jealous

I want one was looking for 5 months one didnt come around so i opted for the 93 gt-r which im more than happy with at least i have a celica my dream car.

Still on the lookout for a gt4 gen 5 got £2500 to spend plus the sale of my car or px but hard to find a really good one but i can wait a little longer.

Glad you got one m8.

Hope your little problems are sorted soon ENJOY.

this may sound like a stupid question but where can i upload my pics to so u guys can look???

Google photobucket.com. Start up an account (It`s free). Then upload your pics to that.

When you post on here just copy and paste the URL of your photoss onto here using the img tags. Easy. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the late reply - haven't seen a PC in days :D

but as for the needles yes they should be fairly easy to re-do. I'm guessing they probably stick on hot days?? If so it will be whatever they covered the needles in getting a bit tacky in the sun. Originally the needles were white so when you put white dials in you have to colour the needles black. I used paint in the end (the instructions said a marker pen would do - but it looked crap)

To take the needles off, you use two teaspoons - use the spoon end one on each side of the base of the needle to gently prise them off. Be careful though because the needle will spring to it's rest position. Took a bit of time to recalibrate. You also may want to check that your speedo is actually right if someones been messing with it! You don't want to be doing 35mph when it says 30!!

As for the electrics, it's probably an earth fault somewhere. Difficult to say where but it's probably on either your door lock, or your speedo as they are the things you are noticing problems with.

Try doing a google search on Peugeots doing that (cheap French electrics always go wrong!!) I think it was the 206 which did something similar - everytime you closed the door it added miles on - see if you can find a solution from anyone there :thumbsup:

no its the celica with the electrics lol!! :P my pugs doin fine. needs a thermostat n a back window. but for a G reg on 89k miles its a trooper :D

• 2 weeks later...

just to update on the turbo. ive had it out and where the ct26 writing should be mine is blank. only says toyota. the only other writing anywhere on the whole thing is : 74020

and with taking it off i have discovered that whoever has put this new turbo on, has used silicone instead of a gasket on the downpipe!!!