Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance

SamK1984

Oh and does anyone know a company thats pretty good with gt4 insurance?? cheers

Try Adrian Flux. I think really it`s just a matter of ringing around and getting quotes. Best of luck on that one. Don`t forget to declare ALL your modifications. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Try Adrian Flux. I think really it`s just a matter of ringing around and getting quotes. Best of luck on that one. Don`t forget to declare ALL your modifications.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

wats ur age mate?

im 22 got a ss2 and got quiet a good deal am still paying loads but most wouldnt touch me coz im under 25, its fully comp and aint sky high!

ha well, thats where the problems start. no matter how many online quotes i get that are acceptable, when i ring up and say im not 21 untill august, they either laugh, or just say no :P

im going to stop believing online quotes, they lie!!!! so looks like i could be waiting till august. which is a ****** because i wanted it for mi hols at the end of this month.

Bit daft of me to think anyone would touch me at 20 i guess. but its not like i'm doing it on my own, i was doing it through my dads, putting him as the named driver, untill i was 21. But unfortunately no-one will cover it with me on the policy, so im a bit stuck! :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

found a company thats pretty damn good:

www.insureyourmotor.com

especially for over 21 drivers, there prices are one of the best.

Elephant were really good for me when I got my first policy, Bell Direct this year and Admiral for next year's insurance. Don't know what they're like with mod's though.

Even though they're all part of the same group, there are vast differences between prices of policies! :unsure:

Insurance is a joke it really is. I`m sure they just pluck a number out of thin air.

yea they do, and tax, we get taxed for the upkeep of our roads. my job requires me to drive all over the country, i do about 2000miles a week in a company car, and the state of most of the roads in britian is unbelievable. its worthless paying tax because there obviously not using it to keep the road surfaces in good condition!!!

Ah well now you see...... When i was a lad.. :lol::lol: But seriously. They used to call it a road fund license till people started complaining about money being syphoned off to fund other departments and not getting spent on the roads. So now it`s got the grand title of Vehicle Excise License. It`s just another tax that goes to the central government coffers for distribution to whatever worthless cause/plan/scheme HM Government can think of to waste our money. (Ooops, nearly started a rant then) :D :thumbsup:

ha well, thats where the problems start. no matter how many online quotes i get that are acceptable, when i ring up and say im not 21 untill august, they either laugh, or just say no  :P 

im going to stop believing online quotes, they lie!!!! so looks like i could be waiting till august. which is a ****** because i wanted it for mi hols at the end of this month.

Bit daft of me to think anyone would touch me at 20 i guess. but its not like i'm doing it on my own, i was doing it through my dads, putting him as the named driver, untill i was 21. But unfortunately no-one will cover it with me on the policy, so im a bit stuck!  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

well how much u willing to pay sam? im paying around 1500 and yeh thats under my dads name and me as second driver too!

well i found a company today, whos willing to insure me for 3months to cover till im 21 in august, then swap it so its cheaper when im 21. so all is good.

in my dads name its around 1700 for the year with me being 20

tell me bout it. its costing me 600squids for insurance for 3months till im 21!!

my pug 205gti soft top costs me 1700 now!!!!!!

I won`t upset you by telling how much mine is. Lets just say age is a definate advantage. :lol::lol:

yea i know, i bet its so much cheaper for you! how old are you? got no claims i guess??

:ffs: :crybaby::crybaby:

44. :( But i got the GT4 on a seperate classic policy. So my no claims doesn`t count. Cost less than £300 with all mods declared. Agreed value and all that malarky. 5K Limited mileage tho. Which isn`t a problem on an island 25 x 13 miles. :lol: That`s with Firebond. :thumbsup: It also helps cos we`re in a low risk area. :yes:

im not surprised then. If mi dad insured it on his own i bet it would be about that much!!

hes not that much older than you. :P

I fopund the onliine insurance quotes a load of rubbish too, someone else has mentioned Aidrian Flux, try also Skyinsurance.com they were not too bad with me and all the mods