Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Water Pump

mattysupra(wildman)

Has anyone fitted a electric pump to a supra before as i have had a night mare getting correct flow through toyota's stupid thermostat housing and after over coming this now have a problem trying to get flow through heater matrix! :help:

Not sure i'd be fitting something like an electric water pump until i had the stock system running properly.

Are you saying that the water is just not flowing through the heater matrix ?

If so there is a valve inside the heater assembly or of course it could be the core gunged up, neither are easy to get to.

Not sure i'd be fitting something like an electric water pump until i had the stock system running properly.

Are you saying that the water is just not flowing through the heater matrix ?

If so there is a valve inside the heater assembly or of course it could be the core gunged up, neither are easy to get to.

just fitted new matrix and valve working correct, matrix is a night mare to fit but not as bad as dropping engine!! any way think i have sorted it now. problem is that race pump is pushing through housing and standard pump is sucking. basically i have had to block 4 entrance's to housing off and re direct flow through turbos, matrix etc. bit of a night mare due to dropping lump in and out three times a day starts to pi** you off. the good point is that you gain approx 20bhp faster reving engine and better cooling. I wouldn't fancy doing another one. Thanks anyway martin.

o and if anyone is thinking of fitting elec pump, contact me and i will give you details on how to do it. DO NOT FOLLOW MANUFACTURES INSTRUCTIONS !! The way they tell you to do is for normal cars and the supra is completly different!! If done how they say you will starve the back of the block of water!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links