Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Saved Someones Life And Got 5 Years?

Moffmo

think this is the URL you meant mate :thumbsup:

since when has the fact that cars are "unmatched" stopped idiots racing?

Some boy racer types, in hatchbacks, like fiestas etc will try and race anything they see.

That said - I think its harsh to hold this guy responsible.

Even if he was racing - its not his fault.

No-one forced the other driver to join in.

The driver of the fiesta is responsible and accountable for his own actions - its a pity his actions caused the death of an innocent party though

since when has the fact  that cars are "unmatched" stopped idiots racing?

Some boy racer types, in hatchbacks, like fiestas etc will try and race anything they see

Yes but is it the driver of the 200SX fault that the driver of the fiesta drove beyond its capabilties (with an under inflated tyre?)

Oh tricky one isnt it?

I think the sentance is a very harsh, If its very obvoius he was speeding/racing.. why does that make him more of a criminal than a peodophile?

since when has the fact  that cars are "unmatched" stopped idiots racing?

Some boy racer types, in hatchbacks, like fiestas etc will try and race anything they see

Yes but is it the driver of the 200SX fualt that the driver of the fiesta drove beyond its capabilties (with an under inflated tyre?)

sorry mate - I caught "Add Reply" TWICE by mistake. I agree - and my post above says that ;)

sorry mate - I caught "Add Reply" TWICE by mistake. I agree - and my post above says that ;)

I edited my post just before yours :P

Some petition signatures there make interesting points.. such as..

This is rediculous, if Jack0 was drunk at the time and was driving the fiesta he would haave got a 3 year ban, but he was stone cold sober in the car following an unroadworthy vehicle being driven by an unexperienced driver. Yet he is severely punished far more than a serious criminal, go figure.
While I do not condone the actions of Stephen, I feel it an injustice he be found guilty of the death of another driver who should have been in control of their own car. The sentencing makes no sense when drunk drivers causing death only get 2 years when they have collided with pedestrians or other cars
Law's a joke, imigrant with no licence no insurance kills a kid gets a lesser sentance, guy who stops and by sounds of it wasnt in the wrong at all gets 5 years. Sort it out!

Yes but is it the driver of the 200SX fault that the driver of the fiesta drove beyond its capabilties (with an under inflated tyre?)

nope.

thats no-one's fault but the driver of the fiesta.

I agree..

The amount of 'tardsI get trying to "race" me in the supras is mad.. saxos, renault 5s, and subarus... notice its all the naff littlecars where the drivers have a huge point to prove... I just let them get on with it.......

I really feel for the200 SX driver..

I also feel for thefiesta drivers passengers.

As for the driver, lets say he'll not be endangering anyone else, its just a shame he took other out with him.

To me this is a classic case of the police having to blame someone, Scapegoating if you like.. as the fiesta driver was dead, there was only one other person they could blame... and could just leav it to lie or the press will say they are doing nothing.....

The roads around Stoke on Trent are norious fast and dangerous roads (the notorious Cat andFiddle is not a million miles away!) More deaths on those roads then any other.... -Like the Nurburging, treat them with the respect they deserve!!!

Dont get me started with the "justice" system in this country, it absolutely takes the :censor: & nobody (who has the power to change things) seems to care, it hits a very raw nerve when I think about it, absolutely winds me up

People should be commended for stopping at the scene of an RTA and helping the people concerned. Its nice to know you can rely in the kindness of strangers when you need it most.

How can Stephen Jackson be accused of causing the deaths of the guys in the Fiesta if he was "far enough behind to witness the Fiesta crash", to me that says the only guys racing were the guys in the Fiesta and Stephen Jackson is innocent.

I am signing this petition too, it doesnt seem fair that he was penalised, IMO, for having a high powered car and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

from reading it, does it not say that cameras caught them racing?

he wasnt done for racing, but for DBDD. even still he is not directly at Fault, but if EGGING on or within "racing" distance, it could , and has been seen to make him partially to blame.

we dont know all the facts

Yeah. The details were a little biased i feel. Which is understandable. And all credit to the lad for stopping and rendering assistance, Which will be of small comfort to him at the moment.

But i suspect there is more to it than was in the petition. :yes:

I agree..

The amount of 'tardsI get trying to "race" me in the supras is mad.. saxos, renault 5s, and subarus... notice its all the naff littlecars where the drivers have a huge point to prove... I just let them get on with it.......

I would say thats a little stereotypical (just a tad mind) I now drive a Corsa SRi, its new, its black and its low (100% standard). Sure every max muppet in his chav chariot wants to play..but I have also had people in mitsubishi's, golfs, is200's! and all sorts of flash motors trying it on (oh how foolish they look when you totally ignore them). Its not just the little cars that have something to prove, although big cars generally get a bit miffed on proper twisty driving roads when they cant keep up for tofee.

But it always worries me how easy it wold be to get caught up in someones race when your minding your own, and then you become the one under scrutiny.

I've read about this on a lot of other forums...

and to be honest, judges DO NOT just hand out 5 year jail sentances willy nilly, and not just for dangerous driving...

As Mat mentioned, that sort of sentance would be for Causing Death by Dangerous Driving, and there must have been some significant evidence against the SX driver (whether physical or witness) for him to recieve the sentance he did...

I do not buy the information on the other links - and claiming he couldnt possibly have had anything to do with the Fiesta accident because 'his car is so much faster' seems a very weak counter-argument - but that said, I personally feel there is a lot of information omitted from the 'plea'.. and we don't have enough facts to know whether or not he was responsible...

Id like to know what evidence they have against the 200SX driver.. as a coupl eof you suggested.. they must have something concrete to give a 5 year term.. :ph34r:

I'm sorry but anyone who had been to Festival Park from a couople of years back would know exactly what sort fo drvinig goes on there no a sunday night and what sort of atmosphere there is up there....

Nobody would plead guilty for something they hadn't done even if it was to get a lighter sentence... 5 years in todays courts is not a small sentence, they're not just handed out willy nilly... The post from his friend will always be a biased one, he's not going to say all the bad things that went on !!!

Can't see how a petition can be signed without knowing 'all' the facts from both sides and what he was prosecuted with, evidence etc etc...

Surprised this even got a mention...

and another, and most obvious point no-one has commented on is the 'well known dip in the road'.

this is the major cause of the accident and one which the government and the courts obviously avoid - as per usual.

its about time some of the 400 million profit the government make from road taxation gets spent making britains road safer, so there arent any dangerous dips!

i regularly travel between j34 - j39 of the m1 and its like a rollercoaster ride,..i wont even start about the roads in sheffield!

my thoughts go out to the people involved in this incident, whether they were young, foolish, or irresponsible. :(

I only live round the corner form where that happened. Festival Park gets full of complete ar**h*les. Most of the time it just gets annoying to drive down there, if I go in the Celica I get loads of cars driving right up behind and flashing their lights and revving their little engines, but even the focus gets similar attraction - it's a bog standard Focus 1.6 :ffs:

They've just added about 4 cameras on the road outside Festival Park and upped the speed limit along half of it to 40 (from 30) much more sensible at 40. Last year they stuck loads of speed bumps in the roads through festival park.

I am very glad they caught someone and had the decency to lock them up (but I do think 5 years is excessive) I'm also not suprised that it happened, but from what I have seen when driving around there it would probably be the Fiesta's fault. No decent cars even bother with Festival Park - It's always full of wannabe chav boy racers - I don't think I have ever seen a decent car down there (I think you have to be in the cheap tax bracket to be in their gang!!) I would have thought the Nissan was dragged into it by some idiot in the Fiesta Revving and swerving about until he sped up.

It kind of annoys me that the Fiesta Driver died as he should have been punished for his actions and for killing his friends :ffs:

Agree totally with sotal, the fiesta driver got away lightly leaving people behind in :censor: . Don't know enough facts from it to comment any further but can't see Mr. Nissan being as innocent as he is shown by his friend.

Agree totally with sotal, the fiesta driver got away lightly leaving people behind in  :censor: . Don't know enough facts from it to comment any further but can't see Mr. Nissan being as innocent as he is shown by his friend.

How did he get away lightly?, he :censor: died!!! i think that comment is bang out of order......

I'm sorry you feel that way - but it is my opinion. I think death was an easy way out for him. If he had killed his mates and he survived he would have got life in prison and would have had to live with the guilt for the rest of his life

"On the night of the incident with absolutely appallingly wet conditions Stephen left Festival Park in his Nissan 200SX and joined the A500 "

"It has been proven from video evidence and timing of a phone call that Stephens brother made, who was a passenger in the Nissan along with his fiancé Louise Johnson that the Nissan was travelling at an average speed of 90mph"

If the conditions were that appalling what was he doing driving at 90mph with his bro and girlfriend in the car??

this doesnt really go in his favour in my opinion....

I'm sorry but anyone who had been to Festival Park from a couople of years back would know exactly what sort fo drvinig goes on there no a sunday night and what sort of atmosphere there is up there....

Nobody would plead guilty for something they hadn't done even if it was to get a lighter sentence... 5 years in todays courts is not a small sentence, they're not just handed out willy nilly... The post from his friend will always be a biased one, he's not going to say all the bad things that went on !!!

Can't see how a petition can be signed without knowing 'all' the facts from both sides and what he was prosecuted with, evidence etc etc...

Surprised this even got a mention...

festival park has changed a lot in the last couple of years mate. its full of speed bumps and cctv(not that ive ever bothered with that scene)

as for the guy who thinks that you can drive anywhere in stoke on trent quickly!!!! let me tell you mate your lucky to be able to go a mile ANYWHERE in stoke on trent without seing a gatso money box. there are more gatsos in staffordshire than any other county!!!! they are !Removed! everywhere :censor:

as for the guy thinking that u are only hearing half the story i read the local paper every night ,and however difficult it is for u to believe the lad in question has got five years for stopping his car reporting a fatal accident and admitting to breaking the speed limit . he drove within his capabilities and his cars---the other driver killed himself and his passenger by driving recklessly and in a vehicle that was badly maintained. of course i have a lot of sympathy for the families who have lost their sons,but to blame this lad for their deaths and calling for him to receive a LIFE sentence is ridiculous.

sorry to rant but it really makes me wonder if i would stop and report if some idiot tried to race me and crashed! i too could be lookin at 5 years!!!!!!!!!! :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links