Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gtr

kevin5952

Hi people, i,ve been offered a gtr h reg with 167,000km on it.The chap said it is really nice and that everything works as it should.However he said that when it get,s hot it starts to misfire a little and runs fine again when it cools down. Is this something i should worry about and are there any other pitfalls to be aware of on the gtr? thanks..kev :help:

It could possibly be a head gasket problem, Not a major worry if it`s caught in time. Or it could be an ignition related or fueling problem. You need to ascertain which one before commiting yourself to buying it. Get someone local who`s knowledgable with motors to run their eye over it.

If it`s the headgasket you would need to budget for a hefty bill if your going to get someone to do it for you. £350 upwards is a possibility unless you know someone who can do it for mates rates. Ignition components would cost about £50 - £100 depending on what brands you buy and where you buy them from..

It could be something or nothing really. But be careful. Buyer beware as they say. :thumbsup:

It could possibly be a head gasket problem, Not a major worry if it`s caught in time. Or it could be an ignition related or fueling problem. You need to ascertain which one before commiting yourself to buying it. Get someone local who`s knowledgable with motors to run their eye over it.

If it`s the headgasket you would need to budget for a hefty bill if your going to get someone to do it for you. £350 upwards is a possibility unless you know someone who can do it for mates rates. Ignition components would cost about £50 - £100 depending on what brands you buy and where you buy them from..

It could be something or nothing really. But be careful. Buyer beware as they say.  :thumbsup:

thanks for your replies.I think i,ll give it a miss as the bloke only wants 850 for it! probably too good to be true! :rolleyes:

Probably a wise choice. Keep looking. Something worthwhile`ll come up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

theres a GT4 on autotrader for £950 from a dealer - looks nice...

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_...rch_full=SEARCH

also, it could have a stuck open thermostat, or a dodgy rad fan relay, or a knackered water pump, or just have bad plugs or leads...

as long as it aint the HG you will manage... water pump is a bugger... thermostat is expensive..

it is overpriced if it has a running issue, knock £150 off the price then think about it imho.

cheers

also, it could have a stuck open thermostat, or a dodgy rad fan relay, or a knackered water pump, or just have bad plugs or leads...

as long as it aint the HG you will manage... water pump is a bugger... thermostat is expensive..

it is overpriced if it has a running issue, knock £150 off the price then think about it imho.

cheers

looked at the gt4 mentioned . Is a noisy front diff a big/expensive problem? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

cheers

looked at the gt4 mentioned . Is a noisy front diff a big/expensive problem? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can pick up a transfer box or even a complete g/box and transfer box cheap enough but apparently it`s a bugger of a job. I don`t know, i`ve not had to do one..... Yet. :unsure:

The poor lil GT-R if I could I would give it a good home  :thumbsup:

Ya softy. I can picture it now.... Asha`s home for retired, mis-treated and abandoned Celicas. :lol:

The poor lil GT-R if I could I would give it a good home  :thumbsup:

Ya softy. I can picture it now.... Asha`s home for retired, mis-treated and abandoned Celicas. :lol:

Starting to sound like a scrap yard :P

LOL Most peeps on here know that I would do it if I had the time, money and space :P