Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Avensis

hail hail

Hi all, new member here :help:

At the moment I'm driving a 52 plate avensis 1.6 vvti which is going back in September, just received a letter from my company saying my new car is an avensis 2.0 D4D T2 but have the option to upgrade to either T3S or T3X.

Just looking for thoughts on the differences between each (am I right in thinking the only difference is T3S has sat nav and T3X has climate control)

What is the best option to go for?

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum.

There are 5 main levels of specification. T2, T3-s, T3-x, T4 and T-Spirit.

The T2 is the base level, followed, in price order, by the T3-s and T3-x. Although the same price, the T3-s has Satellite Navigation and the T3-x has extras like front and rear fog lights, front and rear electric windows, dual climate control and rain sensing wipers. If you dont need Sat. Nav, I think the T3-x is a better buy.

The next level is T4 that has all the features of the T3-s and the T3-x plus 17 inch alloy wheels. The top of the range is the T-Spirit that also has cruise control, vehicle stability control and leather, electrically adjustable seats.

To get a full details of the Avensis range, go to the Toyota website, www.toyota.co.uk. Click on the Avensis range and from that page, you can download a full spec. sheet in .pdf format.

Hope this helps you to make a considered decision.

Or even if you DO need Sat Nav, buy the T3-X and get a TomTom Go for about £350 That is a much better syetem that what you get with the T3-S IMO

The T3-X also has nicer trim, door sil kick strips etc-all round a more 'plush' model over the T3-S, and the extra kit makes it worth while. As the other post says, get a Tom Tom, go for the T3-X and don't look back!

Nothing wrong with the T3-S - My TNS300ETA Sat Nav works well actually and so far seems more reliable than the colour Alpine DVD system I had installed in my old Celica!! Yes it's not a colour screen but it gets you where you want to go which is all you want isn't it?? Well that's all that counted for me anyway - you still get all the map diagrams/plans - just a bit smaller than I was used to.

imho (no flaming please :P ) trim is hardly any more "plush" in a T3-X - shiny scuff plates and a silver centre console are not something you (or anyone else) would be admiring all the time.... ?? :wacko: What is useful in the T3-X however would be the front Fog lights and Rear electric windows :) Although you could prob fit foglights on a T3-S for less than a Sat nav system for the T3-X... so maybe the rear electrics are the deciding factor - along with Alloy wheel preference (8 spoke for T3-S, 5 spoke for T3-X).

Anyway whatever Avensis you decide on you'll be pleased :thumbsup:

The climate control on the T3-x is verrrry good!

in the heat we have been having, I like my side of the car at sub-zero, while the wifey likes hers a little warmer - hey-presto - dual zone airconditioning! :D

plus the kids can pretent to be posh by buzzing the windows down.

The auto dimming rear mirror is a cool toy too.

Go for the T3-x :)

(not flaming anyone, and doning flame-proof shorts now)

Don't forget the auto wipers, and extra 12v socket in centre console for rear seat passengers. Good for charging portable DVD player!

No flaming, just love my 'X'

I've got a T3-X, as Sat-Nav wasn't a priority. Find the auto dim rear view mirror, fog lights and electric folding mirrors very useful (mirrors for when putting car in garage). However, the rain-sensing wiper are a right pain in the a*ss. Not sure if its me not setting up the sensitivity correctly, but a few spots of rain which has other cars on an intermitent wipe has mine going like its a monsoon outside!!!

Feel a right idiot. :blink:

I've got a T3-X, as Sat-Nav wasn't a priority. Find the auto dim rear view mirror, fog lights and electric folding mirrors very useful (mirrors for when putting car in garage). However, the rain-sensing wiper are a right pain in the a*ss. Not sure if its me not setting up the sensitivity correctly, but a few spots of rain which has other cars on an intermitent wipe has mine going like its a monsoon outside!!! 

Feel a right idiot.  :blink:

what ya got it set too.

mines the other way - start off with a wet screen, and i'm waiting, waiting, finally it does a single flick. wait wait, then gets into its stride and acts normally.

maybe I need to cleen my windscreen more :D

Feel a right idiot.  :blink:

Oooh forgot about those handy folding mirrors... wonder if I can get them put on my T3-S.... :drool:

Thanks for the replies guys; sent the form back today I’m going for a black T3X. After reading the replies and weighing up both pros and cons the X sounded the best bet.

Will probably miss my old avensis though as its been a great car…so far.

Roll on September 1st

Good choice of colour, keeps mine more exclusive :thumbsup: :D