Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot And Cold

Fletch2

My Lucida 2.2D heater changes from hot to cool every couple of minutes. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how do I cure it. My first thought is thermostat, but I thought I would ask first. Also, I have this light coming on on the dash which looks like a house, can someone please tell me what it means.

Sounds like you have an air lock in the cooling system or at worst - Head Gasket Failure.

:eek:

Thanks Mick, spot on. Problem solved very quickly with no expense, not only is my heater working fine now, but the bonus is my air con is colder than ever.

• 1 month later...

I have that heating cooling problem too I'll check it out. Is there anywhere particular I should look/access to bleed the air out?

The closest thing to a house on my dash is a light to tell you you're out of windscreen washer fluid. I personally think it looks more like a cable car. Could this be what you're seeing? Does it come on when you go down a hill?

ed

Hi Ed,

OK I sorted the light problem, it was to warn me that the water level was low. I have found that the easiest way for me to get the air out of the ststem was to run the front wheels up on ramps and fill up with the engine running, that way gravity did the job. As far as I know, there is no bleed valve.

Regards Fletch