Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Reverse Lights-impossible Question!

Vindezal

My reverse lights used to work, this is my favourite on going whine on forums, have had Main dealer and westfields look! Had new reverse switch replaced, bulbs and everything. BUT! What they have discovered is there is no power along the wire actually going to the reverse switch on the gear box!!

Any help needed I would love to have reverse lights back!!! Even tho you dont need em for MOT I CANT SEE IN THE DARK

Must be a corroded conection somewhere def not a fuse. :ffs:

they are an MOT failure mate. If you have them and they dont work, fail, if you dont have them full stop then you can't be failed on them. hows about by-passing the power from a constant live (say the boot interior light) but keep the switch from the gear box, that way you reverse lights wont be on all the time. ;)

My reverse lights used to work, this is my favourite on going whine on forums, have had Main dealer and westfields look! Had new reverse switch replaced, bulbs and everything. BUT! What they have discovered is there is no power along the wire actually going to the reverse switch on the gear box!!

Any help needed I would love to have reverse lights back!!! Even tho you dont need em for MOT I CANT SEE IN THE DARK

Mine stopped working when I got it back from the bodyshop as they had removed the centre bit. Are there fuses anywhere I can check on mine?

R.

Mine stopped working when I got it back from the bodyshop as they had removed the centre bit. Are there fuses anywhere I can check on mine?

R.

Ditto

I haven't had chance to have a good look yet apart from removing centre panel. Bulbs/wiring all look ok.

Where abouts is the reverse switch?

Joe

Just like to add*

I had an MOT done at Chelmsford Toyota Main dealer with no reverse lights working and its a proven thing in MOT if they dont come on you still pass :P

Boot light sounds good. I may have to think about this one!

reverse switch is above the gearbox (look under your air intake), its attached to an ickle plug. iirc the plug screws out, but i really cant be sure.

I thought that the reverse switch only supplied the earth & not the power??

Take that back just seen this!

Electrical_097_0001.jpg

Edited by Christine & Paul

I thought that the reverse switch  only supplied the earth & not the power??

Take that back just seen this!

Electrical_097_0001.jpg

is there a fuse for it somewhere?

R.

In that diagram, coming from the switch where does the wire lead too?? fuse?