Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Install A Tv And Head Unit...

Heathy

Ok I have recently got my mr2 and it came with a sony head unit which I want to keep. I have ordered a tv which should be here tomorow,

Is it easy to wire up a tv aswell as my existing head unit. The only way I can think of doing it is to buy another wiring loom and cut the wires to fit to both units. Has anybody else done this or have any ideas.

Have seen a couple of nice installs where people remove the centre air bits from the top of the centre console... as for wiring shouldnt be a major biggy :D

Thanks rhaines made me feel better now thought it was going to be a hard job.

I have had the cd player out today. What im guessing is the original toyota loom looks complicated but once it connects to the one that must have been connected when the cd player was fitted it looks quite simple.

As for the air vents I want to leave them in, I found out how easy they come out today though when I put the ac on with the console removed, it flew accross the car :rolleyes:

So would it be ok to just cut every wire that goes into my radio and add another wire? Also will it be safe to power both the tv and radio on the same power wires and speaker wires? (obviousley not at the same time) :yes:

To be safe, I'd create a seperate fused power and ground lead for the TV unit if I were you. The speaker wires of course can be shared without any problems. :thumbsup:

Today I added a direct wire from my Battery into the car to power my ps2, If I buy a fused distrobution box would it be better to connect it that way. The only problem with doing it like that is it won't turn off when the key is taken out, is there any way of making it does this as I would like my ps2 to turn off when the key is taken out aswell. The only way I thought was to make as swich which needs to be turned off each time the key is taken out, only I will probably forget and drain my Battery :angry:

Have a look at the pic of my car in the "garage" .. I had a double din and a TV in my car ..

I had a double din and a TV in my car ..

Nice bibbs so how was that wired?

I got it thismorning, connected the red yellow and black wires up but nothing happens :crybaby: anyone got any ideas

The HU was running through a whole new looms just for the ICE and the TV was running through two wires to the Battery.

I then had a FM modulator to run the sound from the Xbox through the HU.