Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 03 T3 Rattle Drivers Side.....

PI100

hi

there is an annoying rattle on the drivers side near the parcel shelf. any of you people experienced this.

cheers in advance

I have a T2. Getting rattling somewhere in the rear, passenger side. Very annoying.

At first i thought it was the real door panel come lose because of the sub in my boot. Now i am not too sure.

I am thinking it may be the rear wind screen wiper?...........

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Toyota Rattolla land!

Mine went to garage 3 times for rattles.

They took the hatch door apart and that cured the major rattle they didnt say what was wrong but the lock/handle feels diffferent now, so I assume something in there was loose. They only did this after I complained to Toyota gb,

told them to come and pick up the car fix it and bring it back.

Next day there was a rattle again....

Not the big rattle ...

Look at the inner panel of the hatch, there are 2 plastic

squares which are just pushed into place (they allow access to change the rear number plate bulbs). I took them of and stuck bluetack at the edges and now it doesnt rattle.

I still have sunroof rattle, driver side windscreen rattles,

when the driver window in rolled up there are worrying clicks and whirrs when its already in place. The radio doesnt fit properly. Apart from that I love it !

I have just upgraded my stereo to a single din unit.

The trim round the stereo didnt fit very well, But once i removed the facia and put it back together it went in well.

I've decided onbe of my major rattle is the back of the rear seats.... each of them only "hooks" on once, leaving the rest free to rattle about. I reported this to my dealer and it looks like he just stuck some extra foam on the metal hook thing the seats attach too... after a month the rattle came back as the foam became compressed.

Design flaw if you ask me! The seats in my old astra had two "hooks" for each seat and never rattled... my T3 rattle can be recreated by hitting either half of the upright section of the rear seats :crybaby: :censor:

Oh, and the air vents/facia around my stero doesnt fit well either, the passenger side sticks out about 3 or 4 mm.... you can push it back in but after a while it works it's way out again!

I found a screw "sat" loose inside one of the vents. Took it in and they supposedly "replaced it". My bet is it went in the bin, as when I got the car back the stereo still stuck out! If they replaced the screw surely they would have put the stero back in all the way!

Hi,

I have got similar problems with the radio and rattles. Most rattles go away on warm days. Fact is there is no real fix for any of these issues. The dealer will do the best he can with sticky tape, foam and felt but the car needs to progress in the design stage as they continue production. I have a knock/rattle coming from the B pillar which divides the driver and passenger rear doors. When the outside temp drops below about 12°C it will start again. They will try to fix it then. I find the engine noisy and it has a slight growl at low RPM's. Yes they have used some good material inside but the car isn't tight and the external body panels are so flimsy. How can they compare the overall quality to a VW which has stiff panels.

Fact is my dealer admits that the corolla is not up to much and tells me to except the car as it is because this is how the new Corolla's are. Change it for another one in a year or two and it might get better. I will not be doing this!

• 1 month later...

About a week after I got my new T3 Corolla the fascia that holds the stereo etc popped out about 5mm.

I got this fixed at the garage where I bought it about 3 months ago and a week after I got it back it had popped out again. They said they had replaced it because the first one didn't fit properly, but I'm beginning to wonder if they did...

Drivers seat also creaks, and the back seats rattle if you don't slam them home properly after you've had them down.

Apart from that I have been happy with the car, until a dustbin lorry drove into me and hence received some very shoddy treatment from the dealership (see separate post!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links