Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae86 Info Needed

tarmac terrorist

Hello,

My gt coupe is leeking clutch fluid,

it is leeking from the top of the clutch pedal somewhere because the fluid is gathering in the drivers footwell,

has anyone had any experience of this or how to fix it,

im not sure if there is a cylinder there or wat??

thanks

yes, mine did the same. it's the clutch master cylinder - they're about £70. i don't know about fitting, as i let a garage do mine as it's in such an akward place :thumbsup:

in an ae86 theyre easy to get to, theyre the same in loads of toyotas so you can get one out of a breaker mk1mr2 or something.

Yeah like these lads said! Master cylinder is leaking! Its piece of ***** to change in any Toyota from the 70's to now! One cir clip on the pedal end and then 2 12mm headed bolts/nuts under the bonnet! And then one clutch fluid pipe that goes to the slave cylinder! 15mins max to replace!

Bear in mind that once the new master cylinder is fitted the slave cylinder will leak not far behind, because the presure will be higher due to the new seals in the master cylinder and because the fluid would have been changed and is alot thinner than the old fluid that will be in the system! Hope that makes sence! :P

Bear in mind that once the new master cylinder is fitted the slave cylinder will leak not far behind, because the presure will be higher due to the new seals in the master cylinder and because the fluid would have been changed and is alot thinner than the old fluid that will be in the system! Hope that makes sence!

Oi, don't !Removed! jynx me!! :P the slave cylinder's held out till now

ANJ has her MOT on friday :crybaby: . and the handbrake isn't working at all on the nsr. so, i think it's new caliper time - i remember you saying you'd already rebuilt them, so... i've found somewhere that'll sell them on exchange, so it shouldn't be too bad, hopefully :D

(BTW, it's had the full treatment this weekend, inside and out. wash, t-cut, wax, sealed and ive done all the engine bay and the underside of the bonnet - i saw the picture of the engine bay when you'd had it all done the other day, and felt guilty. still, at least it looks that way again now!)

so is the AE86 near roadworthyness yet???

The master cylinder from a FWD '90s Corolla (AE92 if I remember correctly) also fits. I paid £15 in a local breakers.

The only real difference is that the AE92 has 2 threaded studs as opposed to only one the AE86.

Simply unscrew the lower stud, and ream out the hole a little, so that it slides over the stud which is located on the bulkhead. Swap the reservoirs as well.

Getting a spanner on the nut on the inside of the bulkhead is a real pig.

You need to be a double-jointed contortionist for this one.

The slave cylinder can let go really quickly, soon after.

I got caught out, about 15 miles from home, a year or so ago. Nearly made it home, but got caught in traffic going up a slight hill. That was it. All fluid gone....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links