Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1/4 Mile Times

yozef

Has anyone timed his Celica on a 1/4 mile strip. I am sure my St202 with only exhaust, and clutch mods can do 15sec. I will test then on the next run what u bring event.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leeky

• Scot

• dosenöffner

• josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i got approx 13secs quarter. It was at about 130mph i think i was doing at the end.

Only did it with a stop watch though. Not too accurate.

:rolleyes: Not too accurate at all and extremely optimistic.

With the mods you have listed and the standard setup for gearing you would not have the power for that kind of time or speed over a 1/4 mile. Seems your speedo and stopwatch need calibrating or your stories need taming. Either way.

130mph? sorry mate but not a chance. a 13 sec time will give about 110mph. try it at santa pod or somewhere, if you're running below 350bhp i can't see you beating 13 secs, reckon you'd be somewhere between 13-13.5secs. still pretty quick.

a maclaren f1 crosses the line at 138mph you aren't gonna be getting anywhere near that. :(

I dont think i actually have standard gearing. When i bought the car the geezer was talking loads of crap about the gearbox. Some **** about it breaking with the prvious owner and it isnt actually a standard box anyway.

God knows :huh: Maybe its a TTE box or something?

You're right about someone talking a lot of ****. :rolleyes:

Back down gracefully before digging yourself a big hole. It's a nice forum to stay on as opposed to leaving from being discredited. Happens all the time.

We are all proud of our cars but some are better than others. There's no need to make bogus claims about cars. Most of us know what they can and can't do and I certainly know what time a 130mph run would give.

Can we have a muppets forum please? :rolleyes:

I am putting together a six speed box with closer ratios. I still won't be running 130mph.

Dude i dont bull.

For all i know i could have been doing warp speed when checking my 1/4 mile. I was too busy looking at the road.

Im not a mechanic. I go by the advice of others and what they have told me.

My mate was timing me for ***** sake. I go on what he told me.

No reason to get all shirty. Cool it. :D

An i happen to like the muppets show. :lol:

Has anyone timed his Celica on..................

thats a bit presumptuous (sp?) that women don't drive celica's

realisticaly you are looking at 90-105mph and 14.5-15secs. On a proper quarter mile strip. Santa pods a great place to test your figures. I think you have been a little over the mark on those figures, considering the fact that it was done with a stopwatch I'm not surprised that thes figures are way off.

Wo wo wo, has no-one seen the video with the stock stupra vs the stock gt4?

Both cars finish in about 13.5secs.

So i gotta be doing better than that! :huh:

I am a mechanic and a drag racer and i know what ur sayin dosen't make sense.. and i noticed that alot of what you say on here doesn't make sense.. just be honest bout your car like some other guy said...110mph is more like it :). Driver ability has alot to do with ur times besides what u got done to it if you can't cut a good light ur not gonna be fast

yea some guys think they k now it all and talk big and they don't realize it but they make themselves look dumb. they need some :help: hehe... btw ur looking at the road while runnign the 1/4 i try and keep an eye on my gauges when at the track.. usually theres noithing coming the other way. But when racin u gotta be lookin at thoese gauges to know the in hell the car is doin

A friend of mine in his supercharged IS200 got these figures from the Redline Rumble at Santa Pod on the 1st of June. I have no idea of the spec of the Toyota GT4.

Celica GT4 (?) - Supercharged Lexus IS200(270hp, 299lbft)

Reaction: 0.803 - 0.944

60ft: 2.565 - 2.733

330ft: 6.380 - 6.924

1/8: 9.459 - 10.376

1/8: 79.84mph - 72.91mph

3/16: 12.076 - 13.255

1/4: 14.440 - 15.879

1/4: 97.43mph - 80.32mph

Thought you lot may be interested...

i'm running the same engine as you but with motec engine management , de cat, air cleaner, water injection and 1.1 bar in a lighter car ok it is two wheel drive but i ran a 13.9 sec 1/4 at 107.7 so i agree 13 sec at 130 is a bit optimistic. like we say santa pod is the best place to test your car. i have seen modded supra's there and they only run late 13's to 15's !

Looks to me from that list 130mph is low 10's 13 is anywhere between 100 and 110m only 20mph but a huge difference....

The cars that do the 1/4 mile in 13 flat are:

TVR Cerbera Speed Six

Porsche 911 Carrera

BMW M5

Ferrari F355

Chevrolet Corvette

Lotus Esprit Sport 350

Excuse me if I find it hard to believe that a celica is faster than a Skyline R34 / 911 GT3 / Audi RS4 / Griffith 500.....

That list makes interesting reading. I must head up to Santa Pod for a looksy again soon. Last went in '99 when I was photographing 'Bugjam'. That was a good day with some mad cars running the quarter..... :thumbsup:

Wo wo wo you guys are blowing this way out of perportion.

I made a stupid rough guess which obviously i was quite a bit off of.

I mean jesus back off why dont yah.

Im only 20! And i think to own a GT4 at my age is a big enough acheivement on its own. How old are you guys?

A LOT older than me i guess.

Give me a break, and doesneff or whatever you call yourself? You cant polish a turd?

I aint driving no Nova fool. Hey you got the same car! :lol:

i'm 22 and my mr2 should manage 1/4 mile in 13.1-13.5 secs but then i'm crap at quick changes so doubt i'd get that

i agree with gt4 wrc!!!

you lot are totally blowin dis outa proportion,the man made a mistake,no need to fly off the handle :o

i know sweet fa about mechanics aswell and if i'd made a simple mistake i'd be ****** off with the *****s dis'n me :ffs:

no need for it!!!!dosenöffner-u sound like a loser who thinks he knows it all,back off ur spoiling the forum with ur ****ty coments.

'you can't polish a !Removed!' - by the looks of ur picture you've managed it :rolleyes:

The thing with quoting manufacturers figures is that these have been done by trained test drivers on perfect tracks etc. My starlet is quoted as being 15.1 stock for the quarter. But when i ran the best i could manage was high 15s. Its pretty much up to the driver, especially with front wheel drive cars. Once i get my new turbo and all the other stuff im hoping for high 13s-very low 14s. Should be fun!!

hello,

just to let you know, i used my friend's Nissan Sunny GTiR Pulsar at Santa Pod 3 weeks ago. i ran 13.8 on the 1/4 mile. the best speed out of the 3 runs was 97mph!

the cars i raced and beat were Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Nissan Skyline GTS R33 and....a Nova :lol: but when speaking to the Imreza and Skyline chaps they did not really have any mods, apart from intakes and exhaust. but at the top end they were dam close to me and catching up! the only reason i was getting the good times is really due to the clutch, which cost £900. this enables the GTiR to leave the start line at 7,000rpm on all 4 wheels without slip and wheels spin!

the mods on the car are:

Tune A Car Induction kit

Tune A Car Cat replacement pipe

Mongoose exhaust

Nismo Clutch

HKS Spark Plugs

Short Shift Gear Stick

regards to the guy making crap up! well, give him a break man! maybe next time he might not talk so much crap? so please, lay off him now! enough is enough!

all the best.

Bijal

TuneACar

:lol:

Thanks Grundy.

I think we should just all forget what has been said and be mates again. :lol:

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links