Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bomb Scare In Notts

Tegan

My mate has just txt me saying that her office and a load of others have just been evacuated in nottingham :(

There is a suspect package in the job centre which is two buildings down from hers! :o

It might be nothing but she said the police are taking no chances! I bet they are very on edge about these things now and who can blame them?!

jessus, somthing someone may have not looked twice at before, are being questioned now!!

two people i know went to london over the weekend to see a show and go on the london eye, they said they took taxi everywhere and where ever they went the place was swarming with police

We've had a few closer to home though havnt we! :(

There are alot more than you realise that go through our mail! Once a month a suspicous package is found at mansfield sorting office! :o

Its the past week events that i think have highlighted things like this though - to some people its the norm to others its very scary!

Rich works in Nottingham..... :eek:

He hasnt texted me though, so he must'nt have heard about it - its a scary thought though..... :unsure:

Just heard on the local radio there was a bit of a scare in St Helens, thats pretty close to mine, turned out to be a bag of clothes. I think every1's understandably being extremely cautious with what happened in London, there will probably be a fair few more of them over the coming weeks

Yes and then we calm down and over time become complacent again. It's ironic but that's the way we live our lives. :yes:

We'd probably complain if security remained at a high level from now on that it was inconveniencing us. The price we pay for living in a free country, I guess. Very difficult to get the balance just right.

:eek: Another scare? Wow I didnt know of the one in Birmingham til late that evening, didn't know about this one either...

Well Rich didnt even know about the bomb scare in Nottingham til I told him about it - obviously no where near his offices!

What a lot of rubbish. Italy are next I reckon. :(

Whats a lot of rubbish?

:huh:

All these bomb scares, they're obviously not going to be bombs, they targeted London 1 morning and I reckon thats it. Over. Done. :)

Yeah, if they were gonna do some more it would have been done by now. Doesn't hurt to be cautious though, just don't let it rule your life-

If it does, then they've won! :yes:

What a lot of rubbish. Italy are next I reckon. :(

Whats a lot of rubbish?

:huh:

All these bomb scares, they're obviously not going to be bombs, they targeted London 1 morning and I reckon thats it. Over. Done. :)

I dont think its a good idea to get complacent though, i think the police are right to be suspicious and weary about these kinds of things because if they werent , who would we all blame for not taking the proper measures? The police :yes:

looks like leeds proved me wrong then didn't it! :rolleyes:

you've gotta say fair play to the fact that we got there first this time :yes:

it can't be easy...

There was also one at Nottingham East Midlands Airport this afternoon too, but everythings sorted now....

People are bound to be more cautious at the moment......

My mate has just txt me saying that her office and a load of others have just been evacuated in nottingham  :(

There is a suspect package in the job centre which is two buildings down from hers!   :o

It might  be nothing but she said the police are taking no chances!  I bet they are very on edge about these things now and who can blame them?!

Yeah, I work in the building right next to where the Nottingham one was... Got evacuated, and had to stand right outside hooters for an hour - our bosses not letting us go in! Gutted!

Turned out to be nothing, but I completely understand why people got jumpy. The first of many methinks....

My son and his girlfriend are going to London for her birthday week after next. They say they wont let the terrorists 'win' and scare them away. I think this is the attitude of most of us. :thumbsup:

BUT one of their friends was caught in the underground blast and is in hospital recovering now! :(