Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tints

cmarshall

Just went off to book my car in for titns. Just cant make my mind up what grade of tint to go for.

I originally thought a light smoke all round but the tinting guy was trying to talk me in to go for a fading tint. My yaris is thunder grey and he said he would do a silver fading up to a dark tint. What do you guys think??? :help::help::help:

no they look s***.

how much have they quoted you.

£150 all round for any kind of tints i want. I never thought of fade tints because i always though they looked chav but i saw it on a smart car on the way back and they looked good. I'm not ready for a burberry hat yet :(

Fade tints - pants!

I went for 40% tints on the sides which the police are unlikely to bust you for and a 20% tint on the rear window. Its really helps make the rear windows look darker than they are with a nice fade to the tint on the front windows :thumbsup:

Been planning to update the photos on my garage to show the tinted windows... just haven't got around to it yet....

police are being fairly hot down my end of things so i didnt want to push it so went for a light smoke all round! uve seen mine chris so ull know what it looks like, in my opinion id say go with a medium on rear 3 light on front 2, best combo :thumbsup:

oo and besides a fade tint looking chatastic and pants, ur cars not heverly modified so it may stand out like a sore thumb !

on thunder grey id go for light or medium smoke all round, dont like those faded tints eugh

on thunder grey id go for light or medium smoke all round, dont like those faded tints eugh

:thumbsup: see makes sense

medium rear, light front, i choose not too just because i thought ud be able to see difference but they blend suprisingly well and look ace

Light smoke on both sides and midnight on the rear screen looks ace. My brother has got that on his HGT and it looks well good, makes the back side windows seem darker without actually being darker! :thumbsup:

yea it will

which is why alot prefer to have medium on all rear 3 as it make the fronts look that bit darker even tho they are not !!

which is why alot prefer to have medium on all rear 3 as it make the fronts look that bit darker even tho they are not !!

But then you get the van effect, which in the words of earpl, is 'ghey'! :yes:

I never gave you car the time of day at the meet Chris, its rubbish! :P

Erm...no I didn't notice but it other conditions it might well be noticeable. :thumbsup:

well at least i didn't have a dead person in the back of mine :D

I take it tints have become a touchy subject :D

dark smoke all round looks good even all round, but the front look lighter as there more light in the front from the windscreen,

I think im going to have medium on the rear windowns and a light smoke on the front, not worth paying all that money and getting pulled over and being told to remove your tints!!!!!!!!!!

what else can i do go super dark??????????????? <_<

What colour is your interior as this will have an effect on the tint in certain lights , the darker the interior the darker the tint will look and vice versa :)

I wouldnt push it with the fronts if i were you - not if the cops are being fussy - its too much money just to be told to take them off :(

If they make it you can have whatever you want on the back provided you have both drivers and passenger side wing mirrors (which im pretty sure yaris's have both)

But there is legislation preventing you having less than 70% visible light tramsmission through the windows infront of the b-pillar ;)