Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It Might Be German

Fidgits

Okay, its german, and its a VW, but...

03big.gif

It's Normally Aspirated 4.2-litre V8 produces 414bhp and 317lb ft :help:

01big.gif

Its also a practical 4-door saloon with 4wd...

but does 0-62 in 4.8 secs, and 0-124 in 16.6 secs!

Full story here

It is rather nice ... :D

Go on Ian you know you want to ....

A friend has the S4 Avant...

mainbottom.jpg

... which has had a 'few' toys added to it, couple of months ago met up at castle combe for a tt track day (he had a tt before that and got bored) and was surprised at just how quick they are, tt's didn't stand a chance in hell. Build quality is superb and the drive is excellent...

Trouble is 38k for a standard car :(

Ryan - this isnt the S4, this is the RS4 - your talking a 70-odd bhp leap, and a £10k premium...

I spotted the difference, all was saying was matey had similar car (now it's toys are on there) and that it was a superb car to drive/own, only downside if I understand correctly is the new rs4 will only be available in auto :(

I always liked the Audi V8 in the 1998 film 'Ronin'.

However Audi 'V8's depreciate like mad in the first 8 years (couldn't believe it)

I do like Audi's .. one of the only German brands that seem to do anything for me. The other half had a A4 estate, and it's not *too* shabby ;)

Maybe I'll think of one when I grow up and need more than 2 seats.

...which make them a fantastic used buy :thumbsup:

Mate of mone has a thing for Audi 200 Avant Quattros. Gradually 3 are becoming one..

A

Ryan - this isnt the S4, this is the RS4 - your talking a 70-odd bhp leap, and a £10k premium...

I spotted the difference, all was saying was matey had similar car (now it's toys are on there) and that it was a superb car to drive/own, only downside if I understand correctly is the new rs4 will only be available in auto :(

Sorry mate - thought you might not have noticed - but yeah, even the standard S4 is a nice car. Not sure about the auto box though.

However Audi 'V8's depreciate like mad in the first 8 years (couldn't believe it)

That would be the S6, and believe it or not, the 'S' depreciate really slowly, and the 'RS's' are still worth 75% the list price after 3-5 years...

Proof is, look at the prices of the 2001 RS4, for a car that retailed at £40k, you'd be lucky to find a UK example for less than £30k..

Forget Audi - I want that Alfa Romeo they showed a few weeks back they were drooling over..... it'll probably break down after 5 mins, but its sexy as hell! :drool::drool::drool:

Fidgits Posted Today, 07:22 AM
QUOTE(Twincam.GTi @ Jul 12 2005, 07:10 AM)

That would be the S6, and believe it or not, the 'S' depreciate really slowly, and the 'RS's' are still worth 75% the list price after 3-5 years...

Proof is, look at the prices of the 2001 RS4, for a car that retailed at £40k, you'd be lucky to find a UK example for less than £30k..

In 2004 (last year)I have known of two examples of 1998 Audi V8's (in superb condition) that have been offered up for £6000 to £8000.

To me a loss of over £30000 in 6 years is criminal (plus what ever the owners had to pay in servicing costs in that time).

Its also a practical 4-door saloon with 4wd...

Bet the ride rattles your teeth, though :P

Paul.

Fidgits Posted Today, 07:22 AM
QUOTE(Twincam.GTi @ Jul 12 2005, 07:10 AM)

In 2004 (last year)I have known of two examples of 1998 Audi V8's (in superb condition) that have been offered up for £6000 to £8000.

To me a loss of over £30000 in 6 years is criminal (plus what ever the owners had to pay in servicing costs in that time).

so they were V8's rather than the 'S' version then?

Nice cars....

They look the part, They don;

t have the image problem of BMW etc...

they shift!

And they are built with German precision to the most anal sopecs which makes them solid and relaible!!!

I still fancy an old shape A8 4.2 They are cheap now too!!!

I love them- think they are a bit ugly but nobody is gonna see when you fly past! B)

Id rather have the RS6 estate though - beautiful cars (seen a few at nurberg and they are stunning) :wub:

I love them- think they are a bit ugly but nobody is gonna see when you fly past!  B)

Id rather have the RS6 estate though - beautiful cars (seen a few at nurberg and they are stunning)  :wub:

yeah, i love the RS6 estates too... I just always feel sorry for the Alsation pinned to the rear window :ph34r::lol:

I love them- think they are a bit ugly but nobody is gonna see when you fly past!  B)

Id rather have the RS6 estate though - beautiful cars (seen a few at nurberg and they are stunning)  :wub:

yeah, i love the RS6 estates too... I just always feel sorry for the Alsation pinned to the rear window :ph34r::lol:

:lol: PMSL! That is so true!

I dunno what it is but ive got a thing for estate cars - id love VR4 aswell, YUM!!! B)

Mate has 2 dalmations, i'll try find the photo with them on the back window :P :D

i like all the audi range except the a2 and tt, especially the s and rs range they do, one day...

Jay

overated german tripe...

original audi quattro is the only one that would tickle my fancy, but just because it was a group b rally monster