Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing Air Conditioning

jasensaunders

I've just bought a T reg ('99) Avensis estate 2.0 TD which has no sunroof or air con. Does anybody know offhand before I go to the dealer how much it might typically cost (in the UK) to have air con installed? Apart from that I am very pleased to be an Avensis owner. J

Welcome aboard Jasen :thumbsup:

I'm not qualified to say this, but I reckon it'll be a HUGE job to retro fit air con into a car. There are some dealer type people who post here, maybe they can give you a better idea.

Retro fitting aircon is a mahoosive job.

you need;

Compressor and clutch, condensor, receiver dryer, expansion valve/chamber/evaporator, all lines engine mounts and belts for the compressor, interior controls, and interior air ways to allow for the evaporator, and gas...

A/C cars also have a fed to the ECU to adjust the engine revs at idle...

I saw a guy the other day get quoted a grand just for a compressor and receiver dryer for an astra... In all honesty it would probably cost more then you payed for the car!!!!

It would cost way more than the car is worth. If you really want Air-Con, sell your car and buy another one with it already installed.

Basic answer is; don't bother!

• 2 weeks later...