Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Vibrations

ratus9

Hi

I am having trouble with my car the steering wheel keeps vibrating at 70-80mph since new

The wheels have been re-balanced 5 times now and due to go back in to the dealer on the 24 June.

I have had new set of alloys fitted and 2 new tyres fitted so it is nothing to do with wheels. Maybe it is suspension related????

Also at the moment the rears are now on the front and new ones are now on the back. I might change them back to see if they vibrate again too since new ones got re-balanced too.

Any help

Thanks

Your car may be out of aligment as well.. I think that would cause it more than a bad suspension part... could be something i nthe steering as well.. but when you go to the dealer ask them ot do a wheel aligment as well as balance the wheels

Hey Ratus I have a similar problem to this with my car, keep me posted on what the dealer comes up with. :)

ah

i forgot to say that the wheel aligment was done 3 weeks ago ish and it still dose it

97paseo what happen to fix your car ?

i did hear of a lexus doing the same thing and it was a faulty shockers???

thanks

Ever since I've had my Yaris wheels they have been like it, had them balanced, I also had knackered rear shocks - don't think thats related, basically the alloys are a much lower profile & heavier than the standard ones & where-ever I take it they tell me thats whats wrong, I've kind of got used to it now! <_<

If you manage to solve your problem let me know & maybe it would work on mine!! :)

Just a thought, damaged or distorted brake discs :( .

hi

just swaped my wheels around to what they was before the garage moved them about

so i'll see if they still vibrate tomorrow.

while i wast putting the nuts back on managed to take a chip out of the one of alloy :ffs: anyone know of something i can put on them to protect the chip from speading???

Bob as for the disc being damaged or distorted i haved this problem since i bought the car new and the disc have been re-skimed and balanced in jan.

ta

I think you can get repair kits in Halfords but the best bet would be a wheel refurb place.

Let me know what happens with the wheels.

gave the car a quick blast on the way home from my partners house and they seem to be ok

shall give it a few more days to see, just in case the supension needs to settle after the jacking the car up...

off to alton towers on the 17th for a few days so i can try it better then... :wacko::blink:

will have a look in Halfords tomorrow after work

ta

• 2 weeks later...

well went off to alton towers last week they still wobble

took car to the garage yeasterday to get fixed

and they skimmed the discs and fitted new pads

removed and re-fitted the rear shocker greased the rubbers too mmm

re-balanced the front tyres 7th time now

checked tracking ok.

and guess what the thing still wobbles at 70-80mph

going to try it on the motorway just to make sure before i phone them

and toyota uk too.

oh the service man at the desk recons the tyre move on rim and can cause the wheels to get out of balance looks like i be back there all the time then

might just get rid of the sodding car. :censor: :ffs:

i wanna know about this aswell!! ballanced 3 times and a new set of wheels. still wobbles a bit. hurts your wrist on long drives. feels like you've been ****ing for a few hours. hahha

hi

the car wobbles still sometimes i dont notice it and other times its quite bad.

well i phoned dealer back and they want me to go with there quality control and test drive the car with me.

phoned uk and fobed me off with its the dealers problem but told me phone back if i had no joy with the dealer.

:ffs: more time :censor: around at the dealer i might as well move in with them and fix it myself. haynes manual anyone.... :D

The problem with Toyota wheels is that they are lug centered when they are made , so that when you have them balanced they are put on the balancing machine with a hub cone , which gives a false reading , so what you need is to find a tyre depot that uses a Haweka lug adaptor .

Have a read of this web page it will explain it better , http://www.gadgetonline.com/vibration.htm :bookworm:

Well I took the sodden car to the dealer today and they have booked it in again, I’ll have to wait about 2 weeks 22nd July, as I need a car to get me to work.

They said that my drive shafts might be out balance or bit bent which might be causing the vibrations.

The car in front is a Toyota ha!! Going to the dealer, more like, must be missing its brothers & sisters.

oh andy cant find anyone with a haweka lug adaptor in my local west mids area ?

If you E-Mail this lady she will tell you who in your area has the correct adaptors .

sally.oliver@haweka.co.uk

• 1 year later...

Did this problem ever get resolved - I am interested ...

Did this problem ever get resolved - I am interested ...

hi

nope it did'nt i have had 4 sets of tyres and 4 sets of alloys... rebalanced more times than i can remember still the same everyone keeps saying its wheel that are out of balance

me thinks its either shock absorber or driveshafts (which they are doing sometime with soon when "if" they get the parts)

later

Just seen this thread.. ok, so after 4 sets of wheels and tyres it's still the same.... obviously its not that. Discs could be warped.. even brand new discs can be warped.. and sometimes skimming them makes no difference. My money would be on a the Drive shaft being faulty.

AS for balancing.. if you wheelspin, then the tyres can sometimes spin on the rims.. ie. the rims will spin faster than the tyre, depends how well the tyre grips and how much power the car has.

This Haweka adaptor.. find a garage that can balance Silid Centre Wheels.. like the ones on Citreon's and Peugot.. possibly a dealer.

hi

dont fink its the rims moving i have moved the fronts to the rear and still the same either that or the weights car coming off...

well i'll find out when the garage decides to ring me back....

they skimmed discs last weeks for the third time

as for the driveshaft are we talking bearings or the actule shaft its self

The actual shafts m8.. get them checked.

• 2 weeks later...
The actual shafts m8.. get them checked.

hi

well the car is in the garage today to get the shaft changed not sure what that intails will find out tonight or tomorrow lets hope its the one...

later

Note

they have changed the passengers drive shaft and re-balanced the front wheels and still got the wheel wobble at 70-80 odd well have to phone them during the week for a test drive down the motorway with them to prove it....

update...

the car seems to be ok well sort of only a slight vibration now had to put some more air in the front tire strange???

Edited by ratus9