Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Opionated Opions

A.T.G

What do you make of the new yaris/vitz/swamp thing?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you make of the new yaris/vitz/swamp thing?

• I love it!!!
    • I Like it
    • Sweet God what have they done to our beautiful car?
    • It Looks like its been crashed, and then put in a oven
    • Well it's different

Well I do like it, but definitely not love it (let alone love it too much). Its certainly better looking than the Honda Jazz or Mitsubishi Colt (which are the obvious rivals). Once I see one in the metal (however many months away that it) my opinion may improve. But it certainly isn't a "have to have it" as the Phase 1 T-Sport was for me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• A.T.G

• Chuck04

• Gnome

When I first saw pics of it I loved it but they were the top spec, everything on it, models (Probably RS). I still like it but I don't see myself dashing out to buy one. Then again, put a shiny one in a colour I like on the showroom carpet and that could change.

I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the metal.

I don't like it, they've spoilt all it's good looks :(

I'm definately a P2/P1 fan without a doubt..

I won't be getting a Mark2 one I'm sure

after the 1.3 it would have to be something faster/bigger no? ;)

Agreed JJ - thats why when I get mine - its gonna be to absolute top model you can buy!

Why stick with jello when you can have creme brulee! :lol::lol:

Why stick with jello when you can have creme brulee!  :lol:  :lol:

I like it.....................did you say you would bring some creme brulee to JAE Em ;)

It reminds me to much of those cheap and nasty KIAs and the like. I'd rather When it comes to changing car later in life, I won't be buying one of these!

its not a p1, ill have a p1 for ever because 1 day it will be old skool kool, :P

after the 1.3 it would have to be something faster/bigger no? ;)

Agreed JJ - thats why when I get mine - its gonna be to absolute top model you can buy!

Why stick with jello when you can have creme brulee! :lol::lol:

Hehehe... however after driving the T-Sport and my lil Yaz.. I have to say.. there isnt -too- much between them. obviously yes the T-sport has the edge being slightly bigger engine etc.. and lowered... but... the 1.3 is definately not a slow one.

I have been told that there is a big gap between 1l and 1.3l .... smaller gap between 1.3 and 1.5 ... according to someone who has driven all 3 :P

anyways... what I meant Em was it wouldnt be a Yaris :P

Hehehe... however after driving the T-Sport and my lil Yaz.. I have to say.. there isnt -too- much between them. obviously yes the T-sport has the edge being slightly bigger engine etc.. and lowered... but... the 1.3 is definately not a slow one.

I have been told that there is a big gap between 1l and 1.3l .... smaller gap between 1.3 and 1.5 ... according to someone who has driven all 3 :P

anyways... what I meant Em was it wouldnt be a Yaris :P

Yeah but how could you get rid of yaz! :o :(

So come on then peeps - where do I find these piccies?

Seem to have missed this... Or forgotten....

Ok so the new yaris looks like a bubble, but why do most phase 1 drivers not like the phase 2's i cant see what is wrong with them.

Ok so the new yaris looks like a bubble, but why do most phase 1 drivers not like the phase 2's i cant see what is wrong with them.

wheres earpl when u need him :lol: i think the word is "ghey"

because we were the 1st and no yaris will ever rule over ours :P bar the turb of course

everyone has their reasons, i wouldnt say i hate p2, just prefer the look of p1, i dont like the grey rear and front bumper sections and i dont like the tear drop either

God, its a good job you lot dont work for Toyota - you'd never create a new model!

Sometimes you've just gotta evolve

If its not broke though...

I'm not a fan, I think it looks like a new car like some1 else has said, it isnt bad but I definately prefer what are out at the minute. They should have released it as a different car imo, rather than sell it as a Yaris

God, its a good job you lot dont work for Toyota - you'd never create a new model!

Sometimes you've just gotta evolve

If its not broke though...

I'm not a fan, I think it looks like a new car like some1 else has said, it isnt bad but I definately prefer what are out at the minute. They should have released it as a different car imo, rather than sell it as a Yaris

Yes but if companies didnt create new models when we'd all be driving ones like this....

FirstTModelinGurley.jpg

Its as simple as that really - its evolution and thats life and you just need to deal with it! :D :D

You can keep your cars - I'll have my shiny new Mk2 thanks and be proud to drive it! :thumbsup::yes:

I like it, but I reserve my final judgement until I've seen it in the flesh.

Oh yeah, and its important that people have opinions about a design. I like the fact that this seems to divide opinion so much. I think it will be a bit like many of the new BMWs in as much as you dislike it at first (I'm thinking 5 and 6 series here - the 7 is still "challenging") but gradually it grows on you and you think "you know, actually I quite like that".

Sorry, just my tuppence worth :unsure:

A

PS I'm just about to destroy all of my credibility by saying "I liked the original Multipla". Well - it was different!

:lol: strange thing is when earpl was sitting in mine at brunters,

he was saying how much he liked phase two :rolleyes:

it seems to be the grey bits that most dont like on the phase two bumpers,

just get them sprayed then it'll look like a built in front spoiler :yes:

Mine was going to be done for JAE but cancelled it due to me selling my car,

was only going to cost £50 for front and rear.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC

will have to see the new yari in the metal can not really tell on pictures.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC

He said the same to me in my car Kimi! :yes:

Back on topic..... like I've said before, the new Yaris will be marmite.... you'll either love it or hate it!

But to say its wrong for them to have evolved the Yaris is just ball hocks - cars have to evolve, you cant have the same mark/model about forever!

BUT BACK ON TOPIC

maybe its jealousy of a new thing :P

Oh! Oh! Oh!

I haven't seen this posted on here before...

list_new-vitz2.jpg

Now that I like...

A

Yeah that is nicer!

I'm not a fan of the P2 as they included in it's design, one of my pet hates: rubber bumper strips, they spoil the look of the bumpers. the P2 Tsport looks nicer than the P1 Tsport, but imo the lesser models don't look as nice as my P1

I'm with D.A. on this one :thumbsup: , I love my P1, but will definately be buying the fastest highest model of the Mk2 lowering, modding, and possible supercharger???? :thumbsup:

I'm with D.A. on this one :thumbsup: , I love my P1, but will definately be buying the fastest highest model of the Mk2 lowering, modding, and possible supercharger???? :thumbsup:

:group-cuddles:

At least someones with me and I'm not a total Billy!

Fastest highest model for me too! Maybe mods, maybe not, depends on how much money I have after paying for said car! :lol::lol:

I really hope it has leather seats and climate control...... and I wanna add a Sat Nav system too! This'll be my car for life the amount I'll be spending on extras! :thumbsup:

well, I like it enough that I'm preparing to sell my P1 to make space in my garage for the new one

The more I look at it the more I'm beginning to like it, I still think it would have been better if they'd have kept the front a bit more similar to the way it is now though. I'll have to see it in the 3 door version, they are doing a 3 door version arent they?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links