Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedo Convertors - Need Help Asap For Jae


Recommended Posts

The clock is now ticking to get the new supra on the road. Before i can get an MOT and road tax i need to get the speedo converted and get a fog light on.

I've searched this forum and searched other forums and havent had much luck yet.

I did have a link to a website that sold convertors but since my pc died i lost it :(

All i need to do is change the 180kph that my speedo goes up to - to 180mph and remove the speed cut.

I know that all i need is a little chip to wire in which does this and i know they are about £35.

Does anyone know a website that sells these?

Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you sure you need to convert it??? Both out mercedes, my mates supra, and outE type are still in km/h and it bothers no one!!! They pass MOT fine!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good links Charis! Thats very Odd that MPH is listed as needed, as we were told it was not, and still do this day drive cars in KM/h.

Another interesting point... *Please note that petrol-fuelled cars manufactured from August 1992* is stated as needing to pass the emisions tests that require a cat.... I take it this means if I can prove that my car was manufactured before august '92 I don;t have to havea cat? (It was registered afterwards, but I don't think they were making them in august!!! mid '92 was the cut off!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

although that does only state it for new european imports.

There is a bit below on non european used imports but it does not state that a speedo should display mph or kph

as we were told it was not, and still do this day drive cars in KM/h.

The same with mine my MR2 went through 3 MOTs with KM/h and my Surf went through its last one with KM/h

Just found this bit

Great Britain uses imperial units for speed measurement. The law requires that speedometers must include a miles-per-hour display. Please note in particular that any modified display must be visible in daylight and in darkness.

but again none of my Jap imports did and passed their MOT's

Edited by stevetubbyturbo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dunno if the laws have changed...

but i've had to buy -

Speedo in MPH

Fog Light

Fog light switch with LED

Fuel Nossle Adaptor (Stops wrong fuel being put in)

My dads getting me a V55/5 tomorrow, hopefully wednesday i can get it MOT'd and then go straight to the local DVLA office to register it.

Take 48-72 hrs so hopefully friday it will be on the road (just need to get the plates and the tax done).

Why does everything have to be so damn close :wacko:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...