Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm In Love (again!)

Al J

I think(well, I hope) General is the place for this as it isn't really a Celica topic as such.

Okay, so yesterday I take youki to Mr T as part of the ongoing saga where my car squeaks and buzzes and they throw brand new parts at it in an attempt to shut me and the car up. :!Removed!:

As soon as I walk into the showroom, I see her. What a beautiful shape! What a stunner! Smooth seductive curves coupled with sharp cut off lines. I was besotted. Took me five minutes to realise what I'd actually gone in there for! :lol:

Celica GT: 190bhp 1.8 litre VVTL-I engine, 0-62mph in 7.2 seconds and a top speed of 140mph.

My Yaris: 87bhp, 1.3 litre VVT-I engine, 0-62mph in 12.1 seconds and a top speed of 109mph.

Hmmm. :mellow:

Didn't take photos but it was just like the one in these pics...

celicagt.jpgcelicagt2.jpg

My fave colour Thunder Grey too! :yes:

Why do they do this, eh? Put nice shiny cars on the showroom carpet (ok I know why, that's how I got my current car :P )

There was a black MR2 there as well which looked pretty cool but at the time I only had eyes for one. I hope my car didn't notice! :eek:

The £22,595 price tag was something I didn't love though.

Ah well, maybe the lottery tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Al calm down i think i have the answer for you.....

what you need is a supercharged yaris quick 0-60, looks very shiny,and less than half the price of the celica :lol:

Well you cant blame me for trying can you :rolleyes::lol::lol:

The celica is a nice car i like them in red.

Magnificent cars :thumbsup: .. was offered a celica gt instead of my MR2 for a little less than the 22 grand, :thumbsup: but i have always wanted a brand new MR2, and would have regreted not getting it :crybaby: . Like the MR2, the Celica is not going to be made anymore, as the engine fails to meet the new emissions regulations.. so, if you want a new Celica, like me with the MR2 it's now or never . But get a Black one :thumbsup:

Its just a t-sport with a different spoiler and skirts :P :lol: ;) Only kidding (even though its the truth) its a nice motor the gen7 :thumbsup:

Its just a t-sport with a different spoiler and skirts  :P  :lol:  ;)  Only kidding (even though its the truth) its a nice motor the gen7 :thumbsup:

So true .. and the kit is available in Japan all along ..

A way of flogging the last of the line ..

Yeah, it's sale season at Mr T - been happening with the Yaris for a few months now, hence the colour and blue collections.

That said - if you really want it, have it. You're only here once. :)

Ooh that's nice, very curvy and eye catching

Your car is still squeaking and buzzing? :o

That said - if you really want it, have it. You're only here once. :)

My thoughts exactly.. married, 3 kids.. 2 seater :lol: why not? :lol:

Al calm down i think i have the answer for you.....

what you need is a supercharged yaris quick 0-60, looks very shiny,and less than half the price of the celica :lol:

Well you cant blame me for trying can you  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :lol:

The celica is a nice car i like them in red.

Yeah I know but I'm a sucker for new cars and my next one will be something bigger. Just hope I don't have my 'practical head' on at the time! :lol:

This particular model appears to only be available in two colours, Thunder Grey (that'd do me) and Sahara Sun, which to the rest of the World is... bright yellow! B)

Red gen 7s do look nice as seen by Gordypix's car.

Magnificent cars :thumbsup: .. was offered a celica gt instead of my MR2 for a little less than the 22 grand, :thumbsup:  but i have always wanted a brand new MR2, and would have regreted not getting it :crybaby: . Like the MR2, the Celica is not going to be made anymore, as the engine fails to meet the new emissions regulations.. so, if you want a new Celica, like me with the MR2  it's now or never . But get a Black one :thumbsup:

The MR2 is a lovely car but the Celica floated my boat more. Have you seen the movie on Toyota GB's site? It shows both an MR2 and Celica looking lush. :thumbsup: Watching it did not help as I cannot afford this! :crybaby:

Its just a t-sport with a different spoiler and skirts  :P  :lol:  ;)  Only kidding (even though its the truth) its a nice motor the gen7 :thumbsup:

Oh I know it's only cosmetic add ons but they're nice cosmetic add ons. :yes:

Going to pick up my car tomorrow (they'll have put foam rubber and cotton wool everywhere! ). Guess I'll have to admire her from afar.

That's Halle Berry and the Celica now! :P

I love that new Celica.... its a shame Yota are getting rid of it - the GT is the Celica swansong so to speak, and its a real real shame......

If I win the lottery Al - I'll buy you one! :D :D And me one! lol

I love that new Celica.... its a shame Yota are getting rid of it - the GT is the Celica swansong so to speak, and its a real real shame......

If I win the lottery Al - I'll buy you one!  :D  :D And me one! lol

Bugger..... i should have held off :lol:

*** desperately looks through pics for any sheep in the background... Darn!

Car's alroght but I prefer the stock T-Sport tbh...

I'm not a great lover of the Gen 7 but that is stunning. I was thinking that red was my fav colour of the ones I have seen but that is a great looking car.

Get a nice big pic for the office wall, bedroom, garage, shed? until one of you two wins the lottery

Aww thanks, Em. Good luck with the lottery then!!! :yes:

Does that still apply if you only win a tenner? :lol:

*** desperately looks through pics for any sheep in the background... Darn!

Car's alroght but I prefer the stock T-Sport tbh...

Oh the T Sport's nice too.

Still smarting about the sheep jokes, eh Alan? Mind you I did take it to the other side of the planet too! sorry.gif

I hope to take lots of pics of my car when in Wales but the sun will probably have stopped shining by then. Sure you'll find sheep in some of them! :thumbsup:

I can't say I am a fan... I waited and waited fora GT-4 version... then I waited for at least a turbo version... a 190 bhp n/a with not a lot of torque and only fwd is as good as its going to get...

Sorry it takes more thena few bits of bolt on body work to fool me!!!

Aww thanks, Em. Good luck with the lottery then!!! :yes:

Does that still apply if you only win a tenner? :lol:

Errrr well a win is a win eh..... I'll just have to pimp myself for the rest..... :lol::lol:

My opinion, the best Celica body kit comes from APR. You could probably pick up a gen-7 for £7k then add the kit, and I guess you'd need air suspension to get that splitter over speed humps ...

toyotatwins800x600.jpg

Paul.

I tryed sitting in one at Pentagon Toyota Doncaster, and all I can say is that I won't be buying one!, Its a very beautiful car, the body kit and alloys look great, but apart from the fact I'm 17, I can't fit in it!, anyone above 6 2" will struggle to get in, i physically couldn't get my legs under the wheel!

I can't say I am a fan... I waited and waited fora  GT-4 version... then I waited for at least a turbo version...  a 190 bhp n/a with not a lot of torque and only fwd is as good as its going to get...

Sorry it takes more thena  few bits of bolt on body work to fool me!!!

amen to that brother :thumbsup:

I tryed sitting in one at Pentagon Toyota Doncaster, and all I can say is that I won't be buying one!, Its a very beautiful car, the body kit and alloys look great, but apart from the fact I'm 17, I can't fit in it!, anyone above 6 2" will struggle to get in, i physically couldn't get my legs under the wheel!

You gotta be HUGE then...I,m 6'2" and have loadsa room. :yes:

Maybe the steering wheel was in it's lowest position and the seat base was pumped up - that would have made a bit of a difference to the room......... :eek:

• 1 month later...

190 ... and na ... and fwd... taxi !!!!

its 4wd ..or pref .rwd ... 200 + ponies or im not even opening the leaflet... turbo is expensive gravy ...but hey ... mmm ... gravy...

frankly i think that toyota have joined the eco mob... more into emissions than emotions

im more into emotion than emission....thats why my next car will prolly be totally impractical and scarier than a gt4 ...which ive already killed ....next!!!!....

seriously for a sec though ... this is a worrying trend with manufactures... lot of em churning out basic engined bread and butter in lobster suits

if it looks like lobster ... it should BE lobster ... not fish fingers in the wrong box!!!!

rant mode = off

i await a thrashing ....