Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Am Gettin My 4afe Engine Reconditioned

kendo2222

hi all after many weeks of complaining with the garage that sold me our 1999 1.6 gs, they have offered me 650 pounds towards a full engine rebuilt. advise wanted reguarding havin it rebuilt, will this be like new, my engine only has 56K on clock, wot things should i consider now whilst its going ahead, like should i find a clutch or other parts to get fitted whislt its there. i was told that its all gonna cost 800 with 2 year garuantee so i am paying 150 myself. will reconditioning the engine be any good. has any one done same thing and had problems. i was thinkin could i find a vvti sr engine to put in but as mine doesn't have it at the moment not sure on fitment and stuff. any info and advise would be great. thanks guys

If the 'place' that will rebuild your motor offer a 2 year gurantee then I would suggest it is a reputable place, does this include fitting (if so then that is rather a good price)? ...also does this include the VAT?

Whislt it is off I would have thought the clutch should be okay at just 56000 on the clock but if your engine is 'Knacked' at this millage it makes me wounder if it has been thrashed before, if so then the clutch may already be worn!

I am glad garage has offered to pay for most of repair (but as I mentioned in previous thread of yours I did not think it would be a full gurantee as such).

personally..I had my original 4afe reconned before i did my engine swap and i would suggest using the money to buy a decent low milage from japan....wil prob work out a bit cheaper too....i reconeed mine and a year later it was just as bad....

corollakid20valve Posted Today, 11:42 AM

personally..I had my original 4afe reconned before i did my engine swap and i would suggest using the money to buy a decent low milage from japan....wil prob work out a bit cheaper too....i reconeed mine and a year later it was just as bad....

I agree with what you have said but in this case kendo2222 was offered it with a 2 year gurantee

i was thinkin could i find a vvti sr engine to put in but as mine doesn't have it at the moment not sure on fitment and stuff. any info and advise would be great. thanks guys

I wouldn't bother with the VVTi engine if you want to tune it at all. Maybe it would be better for fuel consumption but then it may open another can of worms regarding engine mounts, the ecu, the gearbox etc

Put the money towards a 4A-GZE  :P  :drool:

Joe

I'll second that :thumbsup:

the engine seems fine still quiet on motorways just been burning up lots of oil, the reason i wanted it fixed, bearing in mind i should be getting 650 towards the cost which is fixed at 798 all in fitted. a company called southern engines? in london charlton. and takes about 3 days. my other plans was to source a low milage engine from a company called API in warwickshire, where their engines were low milage from japan quoted at 400 or 500 plus 300 fitting then add vat so its about nearly 900. wot would a 4agze cost fitted? thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links