Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mini Moke

Twincam.GTi

A while back Kidkoala posted some pictures up of his little red 'Min' he bought and quite a thread on Minis developed.

In the thread I mentioned about a friends Mini variant, the Moke I'd helped rebuild and that eventually I'd post a couple of piccies up

It's a 1966 version that has been modified mainly with 60's accessories

Moke1.jpg

Moke2.jpg

They were originally designed as a military vehicle but after trials with the British Army they were found to be to low and the fact they were still 2wheel drive didn't help matters (although a few 4wd twin engined examples were made!). After the Military contract fiasco it was marketed with the rest of the Mini range as a 'fun car' and they had film rolls in the 'Prisoner' (used as 'Taxi's') and the odd James Bond film.

After production ceased in Britain in around 1969 they were built in Australia (Australian Forces did actually use about 600 of them) and Portugal.

The pictures were taken at the 'Six Ashes' Car show outside Bridgnorth in Shropshire (Dwarfed by some Land Rovers :D ... it has asperations :rolleyes: ).

WE HAD A CHAP NEAR US WHO USED ONE FOR PROMOTIONS AND FERRYING BEER AROUND (HE OWNED A PUB) WHEN HE SPONSORED GOLF DAYS...........

!Removed! caps lock........... :ffs:

IF i WAS A SURFER THEN THAT WOULD BE THE VEHICLE TO HAVE I GUESS......... :thumbsup:

How did that caps lock get on again....... :ffs:

Saw one the other day out on the road

I think they are really funny id love one

stevetubbyturbo Posted Today, 11:06 AM

I think they are really funny id love one

:yes: Yes you do have to have a sense a humour to drive one (and expect to be laft at :rolleyes: ).

You need a bigger sense of humour if you run one through a winter ... :yes:

Thats real mint mate.

Just got some new bits for my mini

Avo Adjustable dampers

Genuine Dunlop suspension cones all round

Hi-Lo trumpets all round

new knuckles all round

adjustable camber lower arms

adjustable camber and toe rear brackets.

KidKoala Posted Today, 11:17 AM

Thats real mint mate.

Just got some new bits for my mini

Avo Adjustable dampers

Genuine Dunlop suspension cones all round

Hi-Lo trumpets all round

new knuckles all round

adjustable camber lower arms

adjustable camber and toe rear brackets.

I know I said 60's accessories but I have to admit we fitted a Hi-Lo Kit and adjustable camber lower arms and adjustable camber and toe rear radius arm brackets.

If I remember corectly you have to drill a hole in the rear valance to 'adjust' the rear Hi-Lo after its fitted...does this still apply (although it was 12 years ago when I fitted one to a saloon and the Kit's hadn't been out long). With a moke it don't apply cause the back end is well above the subframe 'hole' so adjustment is easy enough ;)

Thats really cute!

I can remember not long back seeing half a mini! :blink:

think they had basically cut the middle out and strapped the from the edge of the bonnet to the edge of the rear window together :blink:

It was absolutely tiny! What was funny was the bloke inside must have been tall because he was sat like a hunch back! :lol:

Tegan-

Going slightly off topic... that Fiesta in your Avatar looks ace :thumbsup:

aww bless you - it is my baby girl :wub:

And shes coming back on the road this weekend -because im melting in the leather seats of the mr2! :(

Twincam: you can adjust them on the car no trouble, two spanners.

Tegan - they are called "shorties"

Twincam: you can adjust them on the car no trouble, two spanners.

Tegan - they are called "shorties"

Well they certainly are true to their name :blink:

I think they're mint! :D

Is it a MK1 XR2 or the 'Supasport' ?

Neither :P

Its a mk1 Ghia - with the xr2 front grill, headlights and spotlights and rear boot lip spoiler , i havent got the xr2 little fat arches kit because i dont think it needs it :)

It is also soon to have the xr2 engine ;) but with added 'extras' B)

Those circular headlights do look best and I certainly like the colour.

I used to have a MK2 Fiesta XR2 which I drove all over Europe from the years 1991 to 1993, I really liked it.

Xr2.jpg

This picture was taken of my XR2 in 1993 at the Yugoslavian Boarder (when the Yugoslav civil war was in full swing)

Tegan Posted Today, 12:01 PM

Thats gorgeous - what happened to it?

It still survives, it never got shot at or rocket attacked :D . I traded it in for my Blue Corolla GTi (the one in my avatar) in 1993 and which I still run today.

Tegan Posted Today, 12:01 PM

*we are hijacking your own thread! 

Ooh, no you're not, it's my fault for going of topic :lol:

I can remember not long back seeing half a mini:blink:

think they had basically cut the middle out and strapped the from the edge of the bonnet to the edge of the rear window together  :blink:

Thats a Mini Mini :) I've seen one before, there is a place that makes em. Can't remember where it is though, somewhere in Yorkshire i think.

01ari-minimini.JPGminimini.jpg000416-minimini2.jpg

my old man used to race mini mokes, his had a cooper s lump with twin webbers on it, was a quick car but always came second as he was racing against keith rip of Ripspeed who had more cash to plow in and access to parts and a full workshop

..Sorry got side tracked by the car in the background :D

Yeah they're really sweet little cars. Wouldn't want a bump in one though! The MOKE looks so cool :) I've always had a soft spot for Minis, some of the ones that come out of MiniSpeed are gorgeous. :drool:

Leeky Posted Today, 01:37 PM

QUOTE(Tegan @ Jul 13 2005, 12:38 PM)

I can remember not long back seeing half a mini! 

think they had basically cut the middle out and strapped the from the edge of the bonnet to the edge of the rear window together 

Thats a Mini Mini I've seen one before, there is a place that makes em. Can't remember where it is though, somewhere in Yorkshire i think.

:yes: Yep remember a Yellow one in 1989 at 'Mini is 30' at Silverstone from Holland.

If you brake suddenly can you tip 'em forwards?

Also remember a 'Squashed' look Mini in purple that used to feature in 'Street Machine' in the 80's.

Never heard them reffered to as shorties. Is that a nick name or a real name for them?

As i first saw them on Top Gear years ago as they were doing a feature on a UK company who was making them and they were selling them as the 'mini mini'.

I guess there is more than one company doing them anyway, and i guess they call them what they want :lol: