Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flat Spot

sacpul

few months ago i changed my air filter and installed a mushroon type similar to the HKS but this one was faulty. The sound was great but after 3 days started the problems. the flat spot begins. after some days this has increased until the engine has lit on the dashboard. my car was a disaster. the engine goes off. pull down the accelarotor and the maximum speed was 80km/h. then installed the original factory standard and the problem remains there.

after i went to the maltese toyota agent to read the ecu and told that they do have equipment for japan versions. i told him the problem and says to replace the MAF (airflow meter or sensor). i cleaned it with the hint of the site that i found and it is ok now but there is a little flat spot and i doesn't like it.

i suspected that the maf was not working 100% and bought a new one but works exactly the same.

i installed again the modified air filter but changed it to a normal cone and now it is ok.

what are the possibilities for this little flat spot. i thought in those days which worked with a faulty air filter some dust or something else entered in the engine and makes this little flat spot

this is the site that i found that helps me for some little hints and also to clean the maf

http://www.msnusers.com/Sorensonbrian/_whatsnew.msnw

When you went to toyota did the reset the ecu for you?

The one and only time Ive had an engine warning light the problem was resolved by disconnecting the Battery for a good 10 minutes then back on again. If there is a genuine fault it'll soon come back on again.

In my case I'd just washed the car and I suspect got a sensor wet in the process, could be yours just needs to be reset?

reset the ecu, that should do the trick. other than that, put the standard filter back on.

has the car been decat'd?

only the air filter has been changes. with the factory standard there is the flat spot. now works ok and the engine light does not lit any more in the dashboard but still remains the little flat spot.

the exhaust system is the factory standard.

i want to remove this little flat spot. the plugs are new. what are the possibilities?

only the air filter has been changes. with the factory standard there is the flat spot. now works ok and the engine light does not lit any more in the dashboard but still remains the little flat spot.

the exhaust system is the factory standard.

i want to remove this little flat spot. the plugs are new. what are the possibilities?

how long is it since you got the ecu reset, as after the ecu is reset it takes a day so to adjust to your driving again and for those few days the car will not 100%, after this time if the light has not come back on it maybe something else. the yaris has a 3 time fault system that means if there is a problem it will now turn the light on unless it happens 3 time in a row. try this or if it is a week or so after you have reset the ecu and it still has not adjusted or the light has not come on then at what rpm is the flat spot at, i bet its at 4200rpm

the problem is that in malta i can't find anyone to reset the ecu

You can reset it yourself mate. Disconnect the Battery for 10 minutes, the re-connect it back up. Takes a couple of days to settle down again though

sometime ago i had a traffic accident and i disconnected the Battery for days not minutes and reconnected it again and nothing happens i will try it again

Maybe its just a characteristic of the car? My car seems dead sometimes but maybe because its a 1 litre! :rolleyes:

It's a small town car (albeit an awesome one) deal with it buddy! If you had a supercar with a dead spot, that's a problem, but a town car, not really a problem... just be greatful you aint got some heap of french shi*te... a flat spot in that and it dies!!!

If it really is bad, then it may have an underlying problem... maybe it's because the addition of a filter changed your driving style... make sure you eliminate all human factors, all atmospheric factors and all extremental factors before you blame the machine! The only flat spot i have is my head!

Put your foot down more :D

Now your speaking my language!!

My right foot weighs more than the average mans... it goes down quick.... it takes too much effort to lift it up again!!!

Put your foot down more :D

Now your speaking my language!!

My right foot weighs more than the average mans... it goes down quick.... it takes too much effort to lift it up again!!!

Well i can imagine when a speed camera is spotted :D

I got this info off the lads over on the OZ Echo website awhile ago and it does work I have to reset mine every once and a while.

1. Right start the car for 30 seconds and then turn off

2. Take the key out of the ignition and remove the 15A fuse shown in the pic.

3. With the fuse out re-insert the key and try and start the engine for 5-10 second, don`t worry it will not start.

4. remove the key again from the ignition again and replace the fuse and then start the car, all should be ok. The light will stay off unless there is a fault which after 3-5 starting the car the light will come back on. If it does then you have a problem somewhere in the car and will need to get it fixed. If ya need anymore help just ask, try this and tell us how you got on I might have a few more things for you to try

120_2045.jpg

Good info to know ... means less excitement with sparking battery contacts .. cheers mate!

no prob, it only take less than 30 seconds and saves you the trouble of going to toyota

I got this info off the lads over on the OZ Echo website awhile ago and it does work I have to reset mine every once and a while.

1. Right start the car for 30 seconds and then turn off

2. Take the key out of the ignition and remove the 15A fuse shown in the pic.

3. With the fuse out re-insert the key and try and start the engine for 5-10 second, don`t worry it will not start.

4. remove the key again from the ignition again and replace the fuse and then start the car, all should be ok. The light will stay off unless there is a fault which after 3-5 starting the car the light will come back on. If it does then you have a problem somewhere in the car and will need to get it fixed. If ya need anymore help just ask, try this and tell us how you got on I might have a few more things for you to try

120_2045.jpg

10ks i will try this one. can you give us the link where you find this information? it would be interesting for everyone.