Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tv And Radio In Car

Heathy

Ok I fitted a pop out car TV above my normal head unit today, When I plug in the tv the head unit will fuzz for about 5 seconds then turn off and stop both units from working until the tv it disconnected then the head unit will come back on, If the head unit is turned off the tv will work fine. But if the head unit is not plugged in the tv will not turn on.There is a buzzing when playing dvds from my ps2.

I have checked all or the earths and wires and they seem fine, I have also tried supplying the TV with a seperate power supply but with no luck.

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to solve it?

The only way I could think is to put a switch in but I would like them both on at the same time, eg. to listen to the radio and use sat nav at the same time.

thanks

What cabling are you using? I'd suggest big cables from the Battery and not the stock loom.

Have you tried it with the engine running?

As Bibbs said best way to eliminate all the problems at once is to use a new loom straight from the Battery.

I had the same problem with the headunit turning off randomly until I found out I hadn't connected both power lines to the unit (red + yellow) so that whenever the stock ariel popped up it switched off.

The buzzing is an earth problem that I had too, try connecting all the speaker -ve's from the ps2 to ground. That worked for my headunit!

I had a problem with too much bass turning the headunit off ..

Oh the hours of fun sorting that out ..

Yea I am running a big cable from the Battery, had another go today but no luck, also while I am on the topic of the sound system there has always been a annoying hissing sound from the Speakers when a head unit is turned on, sounds like amp noise, how can I fix this? Phoned a local shop today but he told me to :censor: off as he isnt a charity and wouldnt tell me how to fix it, not a good way to treat customers :help:

big cable from Battery but is there a one to it?

hows your earth, sometimes a good cable to the best earth available is a good cure

big cable from battery but is there a one to it?

hows your earth, sometimes a good cable to the best earth available is a good cure

What do you mean is there one to it? I have ran a big cable from the + terminal on the Battery to the yead unit then joined the - to the body

the - to the body might not be a good enough earth, a good think earth cable is needed, try earthing it straight to the Battery.

how have you got them wired together? are they powered off seperate cables or have you split a harness?

the - to the body might not be a good enough earth, a good think earth cable is needed, try earthing it straight to the battery.

how have you got them wired together? are they powered off seperate cables or have you split a harness?

I'll give that a go running a seperate earth, The units are wired to the same speaker cables but different power wires.

I have noticed that sounds are amplified eg. the sound of the cd changingin the disc changer or the cd player skiping to the next track :wacko: strange.

Thanks for the help :D