Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gonna Get A New Car!

Demonic Angel

Because Rich now travels silly mileage for work, hes decided he needs a new car - a diesel!

So that means we get to go car hunting this weekend - Yay!

Going to Toyota (obviously!) to look at Corollas. Also gonna look at:

Volkswagen Golfs

Audi A3s

No Fords or Vauxhalls!

We just want a good quality diesel car, nothing too old or shabby but not brand spanking new as we cant afford two new cars! lol Obviously gonna be p/x ing the 206 for the new one.

Does anyone know why there isnt a Civic Diesel? Looked on Autotrader and couldnt find any - wanna really go Jap or German... unless anyone can suggest a car, similar size to Golf/206/A3 - 5 door hatch, diesel.

Must have Air Con!!

Seen a few Nissan Almera 2.2 Di Sports - anyone know if they're any good?

Any suggestions - good cars please, not cruddy cars! Dont really fancy a Beemer, its kinda gives out the wrong impression about Rich's driving!

I understand DA that honda only have actually one car with a diesel engine, and that would be the Accord if i'm correct. They've never really done any diesels as such. The Almera is quite nice, we've had a Nissan since new, over 150,000 km on the clock, only problems we've ever had really have been corroding fuel lines (but it's expected a bit as rubber perishes in the heat). Otherwise, the ones you've picked seem fairly good choices, so have a look at them, then try them all, pick which one you like best

Ahh right.... that'll be why then!

Also looking at Seat Ibiza/Leon as well.

My dad has a seat ibiza sport which is the top model and its fast for a diesel.

Its a great drive but if rich likes comfort then he wont like it as it is a really fun car

Ahh right.... that'll be why then!

Also looking at Seat Ibiza/Leon as well.

My dad has a seat ibiza sport which is the top model and its fast for a diesel.

Its a great drive but if rich likes comfort then he wont like it as it is a really fun car

He will prefer fun-ness to comfort I think! lol

The Ibiza Cupra R...mmmm....chip it up as well, this thing will fly!

Can you get a Cupra Diesel then??

Must be diesel remember!!

I understand DA that honda only have actually one car with a diesel engine, and that would be the Accord if i'm correct. They've never really done any diesels as such. The Almera is quite nice, we've had a Nissan since new, over 150,000 km on the clock, only problems we've ever had really have been corroding fuel lines (but it's expected a bit as rubber perishes in the heat). Otherwise, the ones you've picked seem fairly good choices, so have a look at them, then try them all, pick which one you like best

There are Civic, FR-V and CR-V diesels, but like the Yaris ones they're as rare as hen's teeth second hand...

What about Skoda Fabias and Octavias? Like VWs, but better built and equipped as well as being much cheaper.

:thumbsup:

Alan

The VW Golf Diesels are good I've heard, my Bro's other half got a 1.6 Petrol because it had been used by the boss of the dealership for a few months and is the top of the range so she was able to get some money off as it had 3k on the clock.

They were gonna get diesel tho if they hadnt got that one, it's not let them down at all and seem to be very well built.

There are Civic, FR-V and CR-V diesels, but like the Yaris ones they're as rare as hen's teeth second hand...

What about Skoda Fabias and Octavias? Like VWs, but better built and equipped as well as being much cheaper.

Alan

Rich has put his foot down and said No Skodas! I like Skodas myself, I really like the Octavia, but Rich doesnt like them, so no Skodas unfortunately!

Yeah we cant find a Civic diesel anywhere, not in our price range anyway - shame cause I'd be happy to have a Honda on the drive!

Gonna go see Suzanne @ Farmer & Carlisle Leicester - hopefully she will give us a really good deal on a Corolla plus a good trade in price for the 206 - thats what I'm hoping anyway!

Yeh 1.9 TDi 0-100km/h in 7.3 seconds!

Have I mentioned that the Mk4 Golf it the most boring vehicle on the planet save the Nissan Almera?

Yeh 1.9 TDi 0-100km/h in 7.3 seconds!

Will deffo be keeping that in mind then mate! That'd be brilliant!!

Does anyone know why there isnt a Civic Diesel?

There is... 1.7CTDi SE. Don't know how long it has been available though, so they might not have hit the second hand market yet...

Alan

WTF??

Skoda's are made by VW, they aren't better built or equipped, they are the entry level range of cars.

i had a octavia diesel for a hire car for a week and if not the same it was slightly better than my a4 quattro...... good cars.

fabia VRS diesel.

E, skodas arent any worst, they are good cars now, probably better built than your yaris to be fair.

and you can chip them as well (you can chip all modern cars lol)

Its also worth pointing out that my dads seat ibiza was alot like the audi a4 estate he had inside (dash wise) even the Air Con controls are EXACTLY the same (layout and interface and buttons etc)

Couple of my mates at work have Seats.... one is a Cordoba... and the other a Leon Cupra.... both like their cars... and good fun to drive :)

Seat leon is a good car! Really fast!

i know someone who had one! Was a little bit too powerful for him tho :(

He crashed it into a tree and died on impact with it :(

Darrens workmate has a Ibiza! Its really fast, and yellow! Only looks good in yellow imo! :lol:

Well Toyota is my personal fave obviously - Richs Mum has a Corolla T3 and its really nice..... but I like Seat, I was considering an Ibiza when I bought Karis, I like the Ibiza a lot and the Leon is also v nice.

tbh as long as he's happy with it then thats all that matters, but really like the Audi A3 - saw one in Black in the Autotrader - they look sooo nice in black!

Also seen a few really nice Mk4 Golfs in the Autotrader that are close by too.... :thumbsup:

I would like him to get a Yota though! lol

fabia VRS diesel.

has to be it if he wants a not so small car that infairness to it is not bad looking at all and has a kick too, i think it would be a great buy and the build quality is good across the audi/vw/skoda a friend of mine has skoda TT and loves it plus earpl has a skoda 225 TT and a skoda 150bhp a4 quattro and likes them :P

fabia VRS diesel.

has to be it if he wants a not so small car that infairness to it is not bad looking at all and has a kick too, i think it would be a great buy and the build quality is good across the audi/vw/skoda a friend of mine has skoda TT and loves it plus earpl has a skoda 225 TT and a skoda 150bhp a4 quattro and likes them  :P

As I said up there though Rob, he doesnt like Skodas and refuses to have one!

He'll have Seat/VW/Audi but not Skoda!