Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beware Of Super Market Trolly Collectors!

ferrariboyuk

I parked my car in a space on the end today in romford tesco's. Car almost blinding people because its so shiny. Came back to find it had been hit. :ffs: :crybaby: :censor:

IMG_1776.jpg

Went to customer services and luckily it had been reported. The trolley collectors had driven their motorised thing into it. What a bunch of hairy ar5ed muppets. At least they did the decent thing and reported it.

Tesco insurance is sorting it. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. :thumbsup:

Not so good mate.......... :censor: :censor:

Hope u get it sorted quickly

well at least the employee had the decency to report it. and ur not left with a repair bill. hope u sort it soon

your TS has a TRD lip on it ;) ;)

but in fairness they did report it so :thumbsup: to them.

Yeah thats the good thing. Got a witness as well.

Must need a new bumber i would have thought and i hope! You cant see the damage very clearly in the picture. Theres a very bad dent at the bottom and a small bit of paint missing in the middle.

More waxing needed!

It's fixable thankfully and at least the chap owned up which is something a LOT of people would not do thesedays.

Romford Tesco's? Had you by any chance been visiting Romford Toyota? :P

Glad they owned up to doing it tho, still shouldnt have happened in the first place! :ffs:

Romford Tesco's? Had you by any chance been visiting Romford Toyota? :P

Glad they owned up to doing it tho, still shouldnt have happened in the first place!  :ffs:

Touch wood i kept away from romford toyota! :P But it looks like i'll be going to chelmsford toyota some time soon.

Touch wood i kept away from romford toyota!  :P But it looks like i'll be going to chelmsford toyota some time soon.

Good!! Had a feeling you probably werent seeing as you hate them as much as me, but it doesnt hurt to double check :P

Are you gonna get the work done by MrT through Tesco then?

Least you went in. I would probably think why waste my time and driven off angrily probably picking a speeding ticket up along the way. Oh well least it dosen't come out your pocket

LOL @ earpl! :P

Gutted for you mate, especially after all that waxing and polishing you've just done. :(

My last car was hit by a motorbike two years ago just days after polishing and I think Alan Bradley had similar problems.

Be careful those of you polishing your cars. It seems to be when they're most vulnerable.

Hope Tescos get it all sorted for you soon. :thumbsup:

I've had some tit reverse into my rear bumper tonight. Not impressed. Not really damaged it, but a nice white scrape along it :ffs:

Some numnut tore mine off just before christmas and just drove off - leaving it in front of the car. Those diddy little platic eyelets that attach to the wing are so soft that the chances are u'll need a new bumper.

Not that its your concern since its an insurance job, but the bumper is only 60 quid!

sucks fella, but like already mentioned least it doesnt have to come out of ur pocket, best of luck getting it sorted! :thumbsup:

Unlucky but there arent many people who would have reported it so you've been lucky in that respect

Are you gonna get the work done by MrT through Tesco then?

I think so. Not sure if i should go to toyota and get a quote. Tesco said they would phone me in 3-4 days so i spose its best to wait. Dont really like driving it around much with the bumber hanging off! Its only 4 months old and it looks like i'm a bad driver. :angry:

Not seen a motorised trolly collector....the manual collectors are too dangerous for me.  :P

You dont wanna see them. If you do then take cover! :ph34r:

bas**rds!  but is there any need to circle the damage :lol:

I circled them because you cant see the damage that much. Much more noticable for real.

But how the hell did they hit your car anywho?

I assume they had a long collection of trollys on the back so it had a massive turning circle and they misjudged the bend.

The witness said how incapable and careless they were - there were 3 of them! I aways knew they were a bunch of !Removed! knockers.

Oh yeah, and clarky - i noticed today that a little clippy thing has almost been ripped off. They are amazingly soft.

Now wot u mean. Driving round with summit that's not even your fault.

It was bad enuff driving round for 4 days in mine.....

As said, at least they owned up?

But how the hell did they hit your car anywho?

I can explain this part....

I work at Makro doing pretty much evry single job, unfortunatley, sometimes it's trolleys... im pretty sure which trolley collector it is... all the large companies contract the same company... basically, the collector hangs onto on trolley, the rest are then stacked into that trolley and connected with a rope... the maximum amount of trolleys to connect is 20.

With 20 trolleys on it is an a-hole to steer and they probably had too many on. The reason it's an a-hole to steer is because it doesn't steer!! It's remote controlled and goes forward or backward, the trolleys are then pushed in the direction ypu want them to go, which is a sh*te sight harder than it looks, but still pretty difficult to get wrong enough to hit a car. The other problem is that the emergency stop from the remote has a 1.5sec delay... that could be the cause too.

From all the tesco's iv seen, the car parks are flat and wide, which are very easy to push trolleys along, this means that the poor equipment, lack of concentration, over-estimation of capabilities and sheer dumb luck is the reason you now have a knackered front end.

Where i work, the car park is three very large, uneven and steep levels... i havn't hit a single car yet in 2 years of working there... just takes a bit of skill and brute strength!

At least they reported it though... one guy at our place didn't... so i had him disciplined after i found out. Stupid little trolley boys!

This happened to me whilst my dad was driving out of sainsburys the collector swung the trollies round and hit the car... he then went on to say the marks were already there! As the car was only bought 2 weeks before after a PDI and us checking round ourself, and the fact the trolleys hit the car.. the manager is going to fix it on insurance... i should think so too.

And believe it or not, whilst parked in sainsburys again, someone hit my car and created a line across the rear door and half way along the drivers side door... and just drove off without leaving a note. :censor: CCTV dosent cover that area so nothing we can do but get it fixed privately :censor: :censor:

Not have much luck with cars a the moment, or anything else for that matter. :crybaby: