Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ignition Leads

kirst_ie

I need some new ignition leads for my celi but im not sure which ones would be best!

Could anyone recommend any that thay have used in the past.

Ive got Iridium spark plugs if that helps.

How much do those sort of leads cost and do they do them with the fancy ends on to right down into the engine and seal at the top?

Is it still the case that you should do the pitch black test before changing them? ie take your car some very dark and open the bonnet with it running and see how many blue sparks are jumping. If none leave alone it's perfect - if lots change them????

Would I get any benefit out of changing the plugs/leads on my car??

1/ How much do those sort of leads cost and do they do them with the fancy ends on to right down into the engine and seal at the top?

About £40-£50. You might have to shop around for the best price.. Yes. They are a direct replacement with all the benefits of OE items.

2/ Is it still the case that you should do the pitch black test before changing them? ie take your car some very dark and open the bonnet with it running and see how many blue sparks are jumping. If none leave alone it's perfect - if lots change them????

This should be done if you are experiencing a misfire (Especially in damp conditions) or other ignition related problems. It wont detect things like corroded connections.

3/ Would I get any benefit out of changing the plugs/leads on my car??

Probably. The outer insulation will break down eventually given the hostile environment of an engine bay. Additionaly the thicker insulation of the magnecor leads will help prevent loss of power as it is transmitted from the coil/ignitor resulting in a fatter/stronger spark and consequently better ignition of the fuel mixture. This in turn will improve throttle response, fuel consumption and exhaust emissions. Not sure what plugs the ST/GT`s use but the GT4 uses Iridium plugs which are good for 60K miles.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links