Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Size Wrench? Car Jack? Help Needed

kanulondon

Going on a few road trips so I thought I'd better invest in a wheel wrnech and jack since my car doesn't have one! Would be too embarassed to call Green Flag for a wheel change

Anyway

What size wrench do I need? 21mm? 19mm?

ALso I need a car jack....can I get one from another manufacturer such as this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

CHeers

KL

Going on a few road trips so I thought I'd better invest in a wheel wrnech and jack since my car doesn't have one! Would be too embarassed to call Green Flag for a wheel change

Anyway

What size wrench do I need? 21mm? 19mm?

ALso I need a car jack....can I get one from another manufacturer such as this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

CHeers 

KL

Its 21 mm.

But to be honest, I took out the useless space saving spare wheel and jack etc and replaced it with a can of tyre weld and a foot pump. If I get a flat and the tyre weld doesnt work then its Green Flag for me but then I've paid them so I might as well get my moneys worth.

Its 21 mm.

But to be honest, I took out the useless space saving spare wheel and jack etc and replaced it with a can of tyre weld and a foot pump.  If I get a flat and the tyre weld doesnt work then its Green Flag for me but then I've paid them so I might as well get my moneys worth.

Hmmmm.. Tyre weld.. :eek: .. I would NOT advise useing this stuff to anyone,

1. It doesn't work.. except on the odd occasion.

2. IF your lucky enough and it does work.. think about this. you are driving along the road and pick up a nail (say a 3" nail near the sidewall.. yes it's possible) and the tyre weld seals it up right away.. fine you think, so what?.. well, you are now driving along the motorway at 80mph with a 3" nail embedded in your tyre, near the sidewall.. whats the worst thing that could happen? ( I think you know the answer)

As a tyre fitter, i would be advising people that if they get a puncture, take the wheel off the car, put the spare on (ok, so it's a space saver.. at least you won't forget you have a punctured tyre in your boot and get caught without a spare when you get another puncture.. right?) then get your punctured tyre repaired/replaced as soon as possibe. Tyre weld and other such products CAN put lives at risk, but that's just MY professional opinion.

kanulondon... get yourself a trolley jack from Argos, around 15 - 20 quid, and get a spider wheel key from any car accessory shop, around 3 - 5 quid :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links