Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confused Here, Answers On A Postcard Pls

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

Hi guys, was browsing through eBay, and found this strange thing. It's a 95 BMW 525, so it should be a M or N plate, but its got a Y plate on it, and the guy says it ok. Can anyone shed some light on this please. This shape 5 series stopped production in 96, there are very few, rare P plates about, but they were the last.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4561794462&rd=1

Looks like an old BMW with a new plate stuck on it.

You cant put newer plates on an old car.. looks well odd and is illegal.

" Q: Hi. As far as I am aware it is illegal to have a newer plate than the car actually is. How do you achieve the Y on a 93 car please? Don

12-Jul-05

A: hi it was a 93 car was imported in 2003 so can have a plate up to the year it was first registerd in uk "

Erm Right!!

My car was imported in 1999 but its still a 'H' Reg.

" Q: Hi. As far as I am aware it is illegal to have a newer plate than the car actually is. How do you achieve the Y on a 93 car please? Don

12-Jul-05 

A: hi it was a 93 car was imported in 2003 so can have a plate up to the year it was first registerd in uk  "

Ha ha ha, that's total rubbish, I think a letter to the DVLA will sort it. Either it's fine (and i'll re-register my MR2 as a 52 plate) or he'll get a fine.

The bloke is a tool.

Ha ha ha, that's total rubbish, I think a letter to the DVLA will sort it. Either it's fine (and i'll re-register my MR2 as a 52 plate) or he'll get a fine.

The bloke is a tool.

lol, couldn't put it better myself :lol:

the fact he had a BMW comfirms my opinion ..

Bibbs Posted Today, 11:39 AM

the fact he had a BMW comfirms my opinion ..

:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

one of karmas soarers had that situation on it everynow and then the dvla make a mistake and just register it as a new car

Yup...

My 1992 Soarer TT had an S reg plate on it... I took my private plate off it to sell it (starts in numbers so no age issues there!) I re applied fora bog standard reg plate, they gave me an S reg.

Remember the plate is when it was first registered, my car was imported in 1998, so first registered in '98...

The amount of tools when I was trying to sell it (all of the same nature/background) started getting moody when I said it was a 1992... *but its and s reg so 98* no, its a '92, do you really think i would be selling a top end three year old lexus coupe for £7k???? :rolleyes:

So if the DVLA mess up and register it for the day it was imported, can you have a private plate with the same year letter?

I would imagine so.. But like i said my priivate plate begins with numbers so I am not sure!

sounds reasonable to assume that jappy.

There's still hope for me to get MY private plate on a mk2 then :D

-Z

Even if the DVLA make a mistake, its still your job to make sure your car is legal. If your numberplate does not legally belong on your car then you will get in trouble for it - not the DVLA ;)

Sorry Lee, I disagree.

if anything ever came of it I would simply poit out that was the numberplate I was issued, by the government boy that issues numberplates. I can;t see how thye would argue with that, they had the logbook infront of them... their fault!

You gotta hand it to that "Government boy" ;)

Is he the side kick of "Politics Man"?

I meant body not boy :P

hehe

Fair play, i see where your coming from :thumbsup: