Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance

guydraper

I am in need of some insurance for my yaris.. (Details below)

I am 18 and just starting Uni and inherited a 1.0 VVT-i Yaris of me mum.

As you guys know a lot about the Yaris, where would I go to get the best place/ cheapest insurance deals??

Model: 1.0 VVT-i

Reg: T (99)

Mileage: 40,000

APPRECIATE ANY HELP!!

Cheers Draper.

.. feel free to add in what you pay if you are in the same situation.

Tesco was cheap for me, but it depends on you personally.

Could try confused.com, they search all major insurers (not Tesco though) for the cheapest quote....

I pay a lot for my insurance, but thats thanks to 2 non-fault claims and a loss of 2 years no claims last November!

Different insurers will be cheaper for different people - it all depends on your, where you live, etc....

You can't hide from the telephone calls and online quotes, so do them now and get it over with. Oh, and don't forget, if you get an online quote, see how it compares to their telephone quote (if they have a call service).

i found that 1 confused missed out a load of the cheaper insurance companies and used some i had never heard of and secondly the majority of their insures they work with dont accept modded cars, i did a quote with them yesterday for the fun just to see if i could find mine cheaper anywhere else, with all mods declaired out of 16 companies they searched for me only 2 accepted me

im currently with teco but found them to be fiarly expensive, spesh if ur planning on modding!, ive managed to find mine £400 odd cheaper

in my experience try www.adrianflux.com, www.elephant.com, www.admiral.com seem to be some of the cheaper companies

I went on confused.com myself, the cheapest was through Norwich Union Direct. Didnt realised it missed out tesco.com though. Just spend a few hours hammerin different sites & see whats the best. If you spend a total of 3 hours & only save yourself £60, you'll have basically earned £20/hr for your trouble

I went on confused.com myself, the cheapest was through Norwich Union Direct. Didnt realised it missed out tesco.com though. Just spend a few hours hammerin different sites & see whats the best. If you spend a total of 3 hours & only save yourself £60, you'll have basically earned £20/hr for your trouble

elephant for me definetly, these confused web sites etc never find the best quote, they only offer the selected insurance companys, and you dont get a wider range of quotes, you'd probably miss out on cheapest quotes.

Its best to do it the old fashioned way ring em up etc.

I had quotes on my t sport from £1200 - zurich, £990 -churchil, and finally elephant at £650ish!!!

Cheers for all the help lads. Highly appreciate it!!

p.s. (This site is well interesting)

Draper

The Admiral group for me....

I used to have a Zetec-S Fiesta (105bhp), Group 8, when I first got that w/no NCB everyone quoted me £1500. I ended up with Elephant at £890.

I then swapped to Bell Direct and then back to Elephant, by the time I got rid of it after 4 years, I was only paying £375.

When I bought my Celica T-Sport (Grp 15), everyone else quoted me £1500, whereas I'm paying £800 now with Elephant. 26 years old, 5 years NCB, live Essex but inside M25. :D

My mate has an Audi A8 4.2 V8 (Grp 20) - he's 32 and using Elephant and only pays £700, whereas he was quoted up to £3,000 by other people. :eek:

Admiral, Elephant or Bell Direct! Go with their 10month NCB accelerator.... :thumbsup:

Cheers for all the help lads. Highly appreciate it!!

p.s. (This site is well interesting)

Draper

I'd suggest you swiftly change that to lads & girls, cant see DA being impressed with being called a lad :thumbsup: . Welcome to the club, btw, any more questions just ask away, chances are there'll b at least 1 person who can help

I am in need of some insurance for my yaris.. (Details below)

I am 18 and just starting Uni and inherited a 1.0 VVT-i Yaris of me mum.

As you guys know a lot about the Yaris, where would I go to get the best place/ cheapest insurance deals??

Model: 1.0 VVT-i

Reg: T (99)

Mileage: 40,000

APPRECIATE ANY HELP!!

Cheers Draper.

.. feel free to add in what you pay if you are in the same situation.

i'm also 18 startin uni.we have exactly the same cars, same year (mines a 99, but a V reg), had it a year its now done near enough 36k. asda or tesco are well cheap if you want it in your own name...but it depends what sort of cover you want (TPFT or Fully Comp), and whether you want your own policy or under a parents name. im paying near enough £2000, my mom had over 5 years N/C until my brother decided to write off a MX-5 which was his own fault. got quoted £1200 from asda in dec (when i got the car) i found that to be the cheapest. hope this helps!

also check to see what their details are on car mods.. not sure about that! :P

Edited by Yaris_VVTi

Prudential are ok for me.... fairly cheap for the area i live in and they dont charge extra for my mods and they don't charge extra for paying in installments over 12 months.

I think elephant gave a cheaper quote, but they wanted to charge £250 more excess and about 5% extra for monthly payments.

Tesco for me - £740 ish Fully Comp. In my own name, no other drivers, and it's a 2005/54 Plate Yaris Blue 1.3. Got 1 Years NCB at the mo.

Got renewal in a month and 10 days so will shortly be doing the quote thing to see what the others are like. Altho I will be steering clear or Norwich Union direct.

www.4youngdrivers.com is who i'm with

They actuall have a modding guide on-site, so to say they rather easy going would be a undersatement.

Plus cheapest i have found too

Re: Excesses - I have the biggest excess possible. The way I see it - at the end of the day, I KNOW I am safe driver, so why should I pay more on the off-chance that someone ploughs into me?

I've had one accident in 9 years of driving and that was not my fault. I paid a £250 excess and got it back off the other party within months.

At the end of the day - if you're a safe driver, then why not get a bigger excess........it probably saves you thousands. If I think about it - I would've paid nearly £150 a year more for having a lower excess but actually paid £250 after 9 years.........saving £1,150!!!!

If, at the end of the day, you don't trust yourself - then go for a smaller excess. But surely if you think you are a good driver, having an accident that's someone else's fault is an inconvenience which you end up putting £250 on your credit card for - but end up being paid back within 6 months. A bit of a no-brainer, I reckon!!

I know what I'd rather do!! :thumbsup:

My excess is £250.... elephant wanted a £500 excess but for a quote which was only £11 cheaper. Then 5% for monthly repayments... i think i got the cheaper deal!

Depends on the mods u have at what the best option will be .. I found that the likes of Kwik Fit insurance used to be ok with the odd one or two mods, but after that it became an issue.

Still reckon Adrian Flux are the only people I spoke to who had any idea what I was talking about

Go to autotrader website (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/CARS/motoring/ins/insurance-centre.jsp?l=mb&p=motoring)

You enter your details once and they search through about 50 insurance companies at the same time. I got a cracking quote with a company called quinn-direct £1450 (i'm 20 with a T-sport, first car) full comp.

Hope this helps

My quotes ranged from £4,000 (you have got to be kidding me) to the £460 I eventually paid to Tesco. Direct Line were the only others under £500. This is for a 21 year old female post grad student, full licence for 3.5 years, no other drivers, no acccidents/incidents/points and no NCB and a 1.3 2003(52) Yaris GLS, completely unmodded and kept on the driveway in a decent post code. I also have a £650 excess - the way I see it I'm not gonna claim for any little things anyway (NCB too valuable) so the chances are I'd only claim if some moron ran into me, in which case it's their insurance anyway (one hopes). Endsleigh, who are supposed to be cheap for students, were rubbish, and Norwich Union wanted £1500. It all seems to depends on you individually. Oh, and I saved £250 in a day just by turning from 20 to 21 too :)

you have got to be carefull when using places like confused.com, i used them last week for quotations and the next day some insurance company rang me asking how i found them etc. I told them i used confused.com and he advised me against using them because they can slightly edit you details of you or your car to make your quote cheap as possible, hence a void insurance policy :( best way is to go direct to a company!

Altho I will be steering clear or Norwich Union direct.

How come?

I speak to them about Motor Claims occasionally as I also work in Motor Insurance. The Call Centre they have in India are, in my opinion USELESS. They talk like Robots, I can never understand what they are saying, they can never understand what I am asking them (ie is their client using an approved garage for repairs/how much is their excess/any personal injury reported) and also I've chatted to a few ex-Norwich Union customers who are now insured with us and I've heard at least 4 times now how annoyed people get with them.

Yup I'm staying clear, but I do stress that is just my opinion of them. Other people may have had a better time with them :yes:

Blue