Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

E10 Corolla With V Bad Drinking Problem

chrisfitton

Hi ive got a 1996 5dr 1.3 sportif corolla. and the past few months ive been getting only about 290miles out of each tank thats about 22mpg (ish) when i first got the car i was getting about 395+ when driving economically. i couldnt use the car for a while as it had to have new ecu imoberliser and im sure ever since the fuek economy has gone down drastically. also had a new cambelt

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Ive removed all excess weight from car like anything in the boot etc...

Check tyre pressures regulary bought new air filter recently but still no change.

do a sympathetic driving style no high revs changing gears early etc..

can anyone help ?

cheers chris

Hi ive got a 1996 5dr 1.3 sportif corolla. and the past few months ive been getting only about 290miles out of each tank thats about 22mpg (ish) when i first got the car i was getting about 395+ when driving economically. i couldnt use the car for a while as it had to have new ecu imoberliser and im sure ever since the fuek economy has gone down drastically. also had a new cambelt

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Ive removed all excess weight from car like anything in the boot etc...

Check tyre pressures regulary bought new air filter recently but still no change.

do a sympathetic driving style no high revs changing gears early etc..

can anyone help ?

cheers chris

Hi,

I've got a 93 Corolla 5dr with the 4e-fe, if i drive it sensibly, i can return about 35-40 mpg, but usually im hammering it and still get around the 25 mark, so i would definately get yours checked out by someone because 22 mpg seems far too low :eek:

Im sure someone with more experience than me will be along soon to give you some better advice :thumbsup:

Mike

Toyota claim that 'FE' engines are supposed to be for economy whereas 'GE' engines are for performance.

Yet I run a 4AFE 1.6 alongside a 4AGE 1.6 Corolla and the economy is about the same 35-45 mpg.

But I would say there is a fuel metering problem,

...whats your lamba sensor like (monitors amount of fuel due to catalytic converter)?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links