Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T-bars Weigh More Than Hard Tops..

JappyBeast

On 'another forum' they say that the T-Bar weighs more than the hard top. I had no clue that this was true.. I thought the whole idea that the 'T-Bar' section acted as the roof... I can understand that the body would twist a bit more but didnt think the chassis would need re-inforcements.

If this was the case why didnt Toyota just make a Targa top or a Spyder? Why a T-Bar?

If toyota had made a targa (they made a limited edition spyder) the body would have been sofeter still and made even heavier. The weight is negligable bu tvery important as you need as much rigidity in the car as you can for handling.

I know people who've driven the MR2 Spyder and they say the body is no rigid even enough, even with the extra torsion bars.

Stunning car for looks but not a very strong chassis from the accounts I've heard, I've seen a few for sale in Autotrader over a period of time but all at a very high price.

They were all NA's although I think I heard that some peeps had done a Turbo Conversion for it.

There should be at least one at JAE....

I drive a t-bar, but have also driven a tin top (with sunroof) thanks to system~g.

Just from the driving, the t-bar feels lighter.

Seen the spyder before, I heard that a small company made a limited amount and Toyota refused to let them put their badges on it because they didnt agree with it.

I love my T-Bar, so glad I got one esp with all this amazing weather we aree having, I have been out tonight in it with the glass out. :P :P

On 'another forum' they say that the T-Bar weighs more than the hard top. I had no clue that this was true.. I thought the whole idea that the 'T-Bar' section acted as the roof... I can understand that the body would twist a bit more but didnt think the chassis would need re-inforcements.

If this was the case why didnt Toyota just make a Targa top or a Spyder? Why a T-Bar?

Geeze Andy !!.....

I even knew this one mate... Ha ha bonk !

I would imagine this to be the case, since the T-Bar would almost cetainly need extra strengthening around the chasis, to make up fot the strength lost in the roof.

I would imagine this to be the case, since the T-Bar would almost cetainly need extra strengthening around the chasis, to make up fot the strength lost in the roof.

exactly

tin tops rule :)

b :censor: x the t-tops are the puppies plums can't beat the roof offf wind in your hair and of course the looks :)

all mr2's are nice cars buit has to be a t-bar no questions asked

Wouldnt swap my T-Bar for the world.. Its nice driving around on a summers night round town with the ladies waving..etc.