Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 Car Insurance Policies

Steve

Whats the deal with not being able to share your no claims discount on 2 vehicles??

Does anyone know how I can get over this?? any insurance companies willing to take on 2 cars??

second car have to start from scratch

It's to do with Fraud, I think..

Don't do policies tho, I do claims so have very little knowledge of it.

The only thing I can think of is maybe contacting a few brokers/intermediaries and see if they know of any insurers who do honour it.

saying that.. its only £200 difference.. its great being old! :D :D

0 percent worked out about £400 TPFT

That's not fair, I've got renewal end of next month and I havent even started getting quotes..£200 difference is so unfair :P

i have 60% no claims... on my main insurance... i got quot of just over £200 TPFT

with 0% it was £400

thats for a 2.2 turbodiesel Estima

Ahh 60%, maybe I'll get there one day :P

Will hopefully have 2 years NCB next month :yes:

steve,

i'm doing it on my new car give A-plan a call,

i'll pm you the number when i find it out.

kim x

Steve try Lifesure Brokers, I went with them when i had my estima and they put the no claims from my other vehicle on it.

Don't have the number handy but I have been with them a while and have 3 policies with them all with 9 years no claims :thumbsup:

some companies do offer discounts on second vehicles especialy if you have a good NCD on the primary vehicle. another way to save money is to have a limited milage policy on the least used car. i have limited the rolla's milage to 5000 miles a year and it did make uite a differance to the quote

Some companies might.....

I've got 0% discount thanks to November..... currently paying £800 for my insurance. Once they sort my claim it should drop to £400 though - 50% saving with 2 years no claims back! :thumbsup:

ask about a TRADERS policy my mate has his celica a van and a landrover on his and pays £500 his policy insures all vehicles up to £5000 on a third party basis but you can get fully comp. hope that helps :thumbsup:

I found this out too, whe i got my 2nd car.. but got a descent discout for allready being a costomer.. so instead of 600 odd quid .. i got it for 430 with 0 ncb, fully comp for me and the wife.

But i still think it sucks that i couldn't use, or even split my ncb for both cars.. seems stupid to me.

ask about a TRADERS policy my mate has his celica a van and a landrover on his and pays £500 his policy insures all vehicles up to £5000 on a third party basis but you can get fully comp. hope that helps :thumbsup:

Do you have to actually be a trader for traders policy?

Steve

found that number for you pm sent :thumbsup:

kimi x

adrian flux rule!

I already had a policy for my lex... these more or less mirrored my NCB and applied it to the new vehicle.

well happy!

I had the same trouble when i bought the '2

My insurance company that insures the fez didnt want to swop it over to the '2 , so i had to take out a brand new policy (not with the same company as they wanted £873! :angry: )

But i had to effectively start again - with no NCB even though i have two years on the fez :censor:

I managed to get a really good quote though from bell direct , it worked out cheaper for my first year on the mr2 (1.6 engine , high insurance group) than it did for my first year on the fiesta (1.1, low insurance group)

So work that one out! :wacko: Im sure they just pull these figures out of their backsides! <_<