Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gt

pinkpanther

thinkin of changin to a celica blue but noticed the celica gt on toyota website does anyone know the specs and prices of the gt? thnx

If you search this forum you'll find that the new GT has been talked about a fair bit.

In my opinion it's not worth it, it's the same engine as the T-Sport, but it has a bit of a bodykit on it and is lowered. I think it costs an extra 2.5K-ish.

I'd go for the T-Sport.

i did find a thread bout the gt but they talked of something called a "one sport" what is that?

That's what's going to be replacing the Celica / MR2. But it won't be out for a few years yet.

It's going to be a monster though, Hybrid Engine, 0 - 60 in under 5 sec's and is apparently going to cost about the same as a Nissan 350Z.

As above - it's the T-Sport with a couple of extra bits and bobs.....personally, I don't think it's worth the extra £2,500.....

Quote from the Toyota website...

"The Celica GT builds on the current Celica T Sport adding:

Full body kit including front and side skirts and rear spoiler

Springs lowering the car by 30 mm

Full leather/ alcantara upholstery

6 disc in-dash autochanger

Unique gear shift knob

Unique 17" Alloy wheels"

In terms of spec - there's a big price difference between Celica Blue and GT - I think in the order of about £5-6k. Talking about £22-23k for the GT, £20-21k for the T-Sport and £16-17k for the Blue.

The Blue has the VVT engine and T-Sport & GT have VVTL-i. Check out the pinned topic for Gen7 stats & specs.

Also, there's a fair difference in insurance costs between the VVT and VVTL-i (Group 13 & 15 respectively).....this makes a fair bit of difference, especially if you're young. I'm paying £850 a year for my T-Sport and I'm 26 with umpteen years NCB. I've just noticed you're 20 - think you'll pay WAY over £1,500 for a VVTL-i. I'd stick to the Blue if I were you - there's plenty enough performance in one of those. :thumbsup:

Its not that bad, once your 21 it will go below the £1k mark Im sure, depends what insurance your paying now and if you want a quik car, or a fast car? Hehe

Its not that bad, once your 21 it will go below the £1k mark Im sure, depends what insurance your paying now and if you want a quik car, or a fast car? Hehe

Blimey - I'd like to know where to find that kind of insurance deal!!!! :lol:

Under £1k for a 21 yr old on a Grp 15 car? :eek:

It's taken me until now to get that at 26!!! :(

The Insurance Group, and Age of driver are the main drivers behind what price you get, but also the value of the car. If you take two cars - both Grp 15, one worth 20k and one worth 10k - the insurance is always going to be higher on the higher valued car.

Hence why you can get cheaper insurance on the Gen6, but try the same quote on a Gen7 and it'll probably be a hell of a lot higher.

My comment really was that to insure a 20 or 21yr old on a new 190bhp Gen7 would cost MEGA bucks and probably not worth it. I'm convinced there's no underwriter out there that would issue cover for less than an absolute minimum of £1,750.........and that to me is silly money.

The special interior on the GT looks and feels great , the spoiler is the only thing that puts me off the car. The 6 disc stereo sounds better too . I wish they had put the corolla kompressor engine in it as that would have given it the performance to back up the spoilers claim.

My next car will be the corolla kompressor ( if it makes it here )unless the celica gets its engine .

Celica's being phased out over the next 12-18months, hence the GT "Special Edition" - it's not going to get "it's engine"........it'll be replaced by something which covers the MR2 & Celica - the OneSport I think......

Not arguing to be a prat or anything, im not arguing in the slightest :P but looking into quotes for a car like urs when im 22 is less than £1k...

I think its got a lot to do with the area u live in which plays a huge factor in how much the insurance costs :)

Your insurance seems very high for some reason...:angry:

As far as I can tell there is no rhyme or reason for the price you get quoted for car insurance. I pay around the £700 mark for my insurance just now (I'm 22 with 1 year no claims by the way) and I could insure a new Celica T-Sport for under the £1k mark (ditto with a Supra)... Make sence of that!!!!!!!

sell the lot and buy a gen 5 gt4 ...3k max... then fit a pressure relief valve ,, hey presto ... under 6 secs 0-60...also you get the best looking celica ever and the insurance is reasonable ( but then im over 40 )... sorry if this is a bit off topic but i couldnt help myself ... gotta love the gt4...although you will need a mechanic with tiny hands to reach the hot dirty bits

:group-cuddles:

The One sport must be coming as my mate got told about it by the manager at his toyota dealer in twickenham.

Sounds a great car . hybrid 47 mpg 5.0seconds 0-62 mph :)

Dealers don't always have 100% factsa when they give them to potential customers.

We have a very good friend on these forums in 'TOYOTA PR' and he will help clear up any questions if he is allowed to give away details when he drops by. :thumbsup: