Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Noise From Around Fuse Box

em_ar_two

gonna have to ask you coz its seriously doing my head in now, but ive repeatidly heard a sizzling hissing sound coming from what appears to be the round canister behind/next to the fuse box located in the rear left of the engine bay, on minute i just have the lid open on the bay and im just there and all of a sudden it'll start hissing sizzling for just short of a minute and just stop and it does it every now and then

for example i fitted a k&n and during fitting it it must have made the noise about 3 times, first i thougt it was the fuse box but appears to be the black plastic caniters located just behind it. on a 3sge engine, from what i can make out its something to do with either the fuel or the brakes i think

dont worry bout it, its totally normal.

do yu know what it is thou so i can put my mind at ease, i thought it was something in the electrics shorting at first

its probably just coolant overflow dripping out of the drippy thing. if that makes any sense. haha.

gonna have to ask you coz its seriously doing my head in now, but ive repeatidly heard a sizzling hissing sound coming from what appears to be the round canister behind/next to the fuse box located in the rear left of the engine bay, on minute i just have the lid open on the bay and im just there and all of a sudden it'll start hissing sizzling for just short of a minute and just stop and it does it every now and then

for example i fitted a k&n and during fitting it it must  have made the noise about 3 times, first i thougt it was the fuse box but appears to be the black plastic caniters located just behind it. on a 3sge engine, from what i can make out its something to do with either the fuel or the brakes i think

Yeah i get that.

It worried me the first time i heard it.

Russ

y doesnt it worry you now

NO

I was always told when you get a noise you dont recognise, thats been there for a while.

Start worrying when it stops :lol::lol:

Russ

i also get this, I have gessed that it water escaping from the rad cap into the overflow, when the coolant is hot !?

Puts my mind at rest any ways...never had any problems from it, and have always had it !

i get it too.

always thought there was a secret snake or something in there!

im glad its normal and everyone else gets it. :D

Its the charcoal canister, dont worry about it. The other noise that you might hear is bubbling water flowing back to the resevoir after a hard run, thats normal too.

Its the charcoal canister, dont worry about it. The other noise that you might hear is bubbling water flowing back to the resevoir after a hard run, thats normal too.

Tiss true, I thought I had an electrical problem when I first heard it... its just the MR2's personality shining thru once again!