Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Bought A Header

FsX_94CelicaGT

can anyone tell if this header is for a 5th or 6th gen celica?

34_1_b.JPG

i just bought it, but the guy either didnt kno or just didnt want to tell me what year his friend got this header from.

Not 100% sure but i think it may be Gen6 2.0 GT jobbie. I think either mikeb or cookci might know for sure. :thumbsup:

well, he said it would also fit the 3sge

As well as what?

It looks like a 3s-ge manifold to me, doubt that it would fit anything else. It looks very much like a gen 5 manifold, but that doesn't mean the gen 6 is different. If anything though, the gen 6 might have bigger diameter ports. The heat shield mounting points look just like the gen 5 ones, but again the gen 6 could be the same or different.

Just had a look at cookci's heat shield in this thread:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39489

and the mounting point locations are different on the gen 6. I think the manifold you have there is for a gen 5.

k, thanx guys, i guess we'll see what happens when i get it, how much do you think it will cost to install it?

actually, i was just reading up on this, if it is a 3sge header, it will fit on my engine, but not sure abou the mid pipe tho, i dont think i'll need a lot of work done to make this work, if not any at all.

You will have to sort something out for the heatshield as well. Easiest would be to get hold of a gen 5 one, assuming it will fit around the rest of the gen 6 engine.

You could always get some exhaust wrap. But probably cheaper to get a shield. Don`t really want to leave it off. Celica engine bays are hot enough as it is. :thumbsup:

well, i guess i'll have to find out which one fits the header then, maybe i could get the one i have drilled to fit it since im not gonna use it anymore.

i asked my friend 'briang' from celicaclub and he seems to think that wont fit a 6th gen.

hth christian