Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do You De-restrict A Starlet Gt Turbo

gblack1984

I have a L reg 1994 Starlet GT Turbo and was wondering if anyone knows how you de-restrict them?

I have a L reg 1994 Starlet GT Turbo and was wondering if anyone knows how you de-restrict them?

It will only do 110mph top end and ive heard its restricted at the speedo and if you get it changed from kmh to mph it will be faster but i dont know much about it myself.

Yes if you get a kms to mph converter that goes between the output of the gear box and the speedo cable it will remove this.

HKS also do a device that removes this called and SLD it just fools the ecu.

Simon

Seeing as the artificial top speed is still 40mph more than the legal speed limit, and you'll get another 10mph or so on top, is it really worth it?

where does this sld thing go? mines de-restricted but i want it restricted again. theres nothing on the speedo so it must be something else. ive had a quick look and cant see anything obvious.

can any1 point me in the right direction?

If you have a mechanical speed converter gearbox, this is usually at the gearbox end of the speedo cable. Your speedo will read in MPH 0-180mph. The speed limiter now comes in at 180mph rather than 180kmh.

If you have an electrical SLD it will plug into the ECU.

its definitely not mechanical, the speedo face has been changed but the odometer is still in km.

i had a look at the ecu but i couldnt see anything plugged or spliced into it????

anywhere else it could be? any pics or a description of what it looks like?

You could buy an Apexi Rev/Speed Meter like me, and that would take it of and show you how quick you get there! brilliant!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links