Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miles On A Full Tank

frustrated

Hi Everyone,

I have just bought a new 5 door 1.3 Yaris Colour Collection car and was wondering how many miles the car says you can do on a full tank.

Mine says 304 and I just wanted to know if this was normal cos I thought it could actually do 350.

Many Thanks for the reply

Yes it depends on your driving. If you hold in the trip button when on 'range' until there is a bleep, it will reset and probably give you a higher number but will always adjust itself to the driving conditions that are current. Around 320-350 is not unusual as a reading but a bit over 300 is more likely in practice.

Oh and.... welcome.gif

Agree with Al - wise man speaks wise words!

I normally get about 330 miles to a full tank, but it does depend on your driving and where you drive, for example you'll get more miles doing motorway driving than city driving.

Welcome to the club too btw! :D

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I will check it on the motorway tomorrow cos 304 seems a little low to me.

Does the speed I drive at affect the miles I can do then? Whats a good speed to drive at without reducing miles greatly?

Thanks again for the reply.

56mph normally gives thebest fuel economy :thumbsup:

Hiya,

I get 330 miles to a full tank too, but it does vary depending on driving style obviously.

I'm a good girl and stick to 70 mph on Dual Carriageways and the Motorway and still get 330 ;)

Blue

Whats a good speed to drive at without reducing miles greatly?

0 mph

:thumbsup:

:lol: There's always one! ;)

A lot of stop-start driving, such as in traffic, junctions, lights, etc. really messes up your fuel economy as would thrashing it on the motorway but it is surprsingly good all the way to 70mph and that should be your maximum anyway :rolleyes:

Even the way you get to different speeds will affect your mpg. Hard acceleration being particularly thirsty. :yes:

Can't say I'm that bothered myself. Petrol stations seem to be things other cars go to most of the time. :D

Can't say I'm that bothered myself. Petrol stations seem to be things other cars go to most of the time.  :D

lol Same here - I fill up once a month and that includes all journeys to and from work plus travelling home and visiting friends.

Then again everyone knows I do silly mileage in my car! :lol::lol:

280-300 on my SR.

If i do a long journey or i drive sensible for a while i get 320 to a tank (gotta have fun in there somewhere!)

The Yaris tank is great... it's 9.9 gallons which is damn near enough 10, so whatever you do in miles per tank, divide by 10 and you get your mpg!

So, i average between 28-32mpg. Not too bad to say a LOT of that is traffic/city driving and the rest is blurry! :lol::thumbsup:

We usually get 300 in our ts! Hes quite happy with that!

portsmouth to cumbria - 325 miles, i just get the light on just before i pull in the drive, thats in a t sport, keeping to 70-75ishmph.

:thumbsup:

Air conditioning can also reduce economy, as can having windows open, wrongly inflated tyres (you’d be amazed how much that can change things).

Not Yaris, but I took my Prius up to London last week. It took 147 miles for the re-fill for the first 'bar' to go out on the gauge! Typically, Toyota gauges go down faster towards the end (no, it's not just a psychological thing) so I'm not going to try and get that far on the last one!

Hey

I get about 310 usually in my 1.3, can be between 280 and 330 though, depending on whether i've been caining the air con!

Getting about 40.4 mpg at the minute, i reset it every so often and it always finds its way back up there, decided to take it easy now the fuel's almost 90p a litre! Plus some days i have to drive through a bit of traffic and i'm stopping every 2 mins! Getting great economy now that i'm off work for the summer and doing NO MILES A WEEK!!!!

:D

decided to take it easy now the fuel's almost 90p a litre! 

Im sorry! 90p a litre! :eek: Where do you live?! Wish ours was low like that! Not paying much more but its still quite high at the end of the day!

Who cares how many miles we get per tank? I know I don't, I only ever fill my car up if I'm going to a far off place, I hate carrying about all that extra weight.

I'd probably say 250-300 though.

The petrol at Shell is 85.9p per litre around here! :D

The petrol at Shell is 85.9p per litre around here! :D

Okay i think someones trying to show off now! :lol: Wish it was that low here! But we do fill up with optimax!

Its 95p at our Shell and in nottingham its 89p! :huh:

380 if i do good journeys at a legal speed, about 220 if i gun it :P

Okay i think someones trying to show off now!  :lol:  Wish it was that low here! But we do fill up with optimax!

Its 95p at our shell and in nottingham its 89p!  :huh:

Therein lies your problem!

Optimax. Pah. :yes:

Tesco at Lakeside was charging 86.9p for Unleaded yesterday, Super Unleaded 99 Ron was 90p.

I'm also doing the same as Rob and calming down a bit trying to make it last longer as these prices are getting crazy :(