Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunburn....

TheNissanMan

OK so tanning didn't go to plan...

Spent Saturday night at the ex's so not much sleep so when I got home pulled the mattress out into the garden, covered myself in tan accelerator as ussual and did the stupid thing of falling asleep for a good few hours in the miday sun. No need to say looking like a bit of a lobster....

As soon as I woke up toko a long cold shower to pull the heat out of the skin and regular applications of aftersun to try and get as much moisture into the skin as possible and clam it down. I thought I;ld put a quick post up to see if anyone has got any other remedys which they use and have tried in the past which work...

Might have to pop down the garden centre and buy an aloe vera plant to rub into my skin aswell on the way home from work !!

At least I have week to let it settle before JAE, just hope I can save it frmo peeling and having to start again :D At least it doesn't look as if its going to blister :D

Just keep moisturising - after a while After Sun just doesnt cut it!

Try Johnsons all over body moisturiser, slap it on generously to get the moisture back in your skin, you might look like the Stay Puft Marshamallow Man for a while, but it works!

My Mum swore by fresh cucumber, mashed and using that instead of moisturiser, but unless you wanna go to Tescos and fill your trolley with cucumber and get funny looks - stick with a tub of Johnsons! :thumbsup:

OK so here's a question for the girlies (no stereotyping obviously)...

I thought Aftersun was a moisturiser with a few added extra's, if you have a good aftersun would that not do the same or is a johnsons or decent moisturiser be that much better...

As it's only going to be for a couple of days ( I hope ) just wondering whether or not buying a bottle of moisturisers is worth it lol :D :D :D

ok - heres my reasoning on the After Sun vs moisturiser

moisturiser is cheaper, hence you can use more of it! lol

Thats the only reason why I do it, else I'd be spending a small fortune on Ambre Solair After Sun!

So cost is the issue for me, but Johnsons works just as well IMO - I read it in a womans mag once that they're both the same thing really - and as long as you put moisturiser in your skin then you are still getting the desired effect.

Could be wrong though - but thats what I've been doing for years! :unsure:

e45 goof for a vast degree of dry skin including sunburn!!

calamines also supposed to be good :thumbsup:

as well as the usual aftersun treatments, natural greek yoghurt works a treat too. :thumbsup:

kefalonia tomorrow - woo hoo :thumbsup: :D

missing JAE - boo hoo :crybaby:

Might have to pop down the garden centre and buy an aloe vera plant to rub into my skin aswell on the way home from work !!

Tbh that is the best option! Alternatively use a moisturiser with aloe in it :yes:

Just remember to cut the leaf open before rubbing commences otherwise it may get a tad more sore :lol:

Just remember to cut the leaf open before rubbing commences otherwise it may get a tad more sore  :lol:

:yes: :D :yes: :D :P

LMAO

I use after sun with aloe vera in it! It really cools it down to begin with, but then after a few days I do try and remember to use moisturiser but I often forget and reach for the aloe-vera out of habit.

watermelon spray from the body shop :unsure: Honestly, it's good stuff. Dunno if they still make it though. Day after you've got burnt it's not sore or anything. and believe me ive been REALLY burnt in the past

Am quite surprised, used tesco's finest after sun as it has aloe and a few other bits and bobs in it and was already ni the house...

Went from being the same colour as the best rugby shirt colour in the world (well six nations champs at least) and sore as hell to feeling fine and brown today :D

Now just hoping not to let it dry out and peel :D :D :D

Thanks for the advise peeps....

I know you've found the solution, but another tip is to wrap a bottle of after sun up in a sandwich bag and store in the fridge. Nice and cool for when you apply it! I always do this when I'm on holiday :)

I've always sworn by rubbing the affected skin with sandpaper then applying aftershave...

:P