Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Fitted K&n And Have A Quick Easy Question

em_ar_two

well as much as the daft sounds it makes does my head big time im not gonna take it off coz i like the difference it makes but just have a question about water rain etc going through the grill and onto the filter, i noticed this yesterday when i was washing the car and before i did so covered it with a bag and glad i did coz the bag was ***** wet through when i had finished and took it off, obviously cant drive with a bag on so whats happens about the rain, if its parked and the rain is blowing at an angle is gonna ***** alover the filter, that wont be good for the engine will it

The filter's oil coating should help protect it :)

Should last a while also, when it goes black you need to re-oil it. Best off using K&N's actual filter re-cahrger kit (i think thats what its called). You've just reminded me that mine needs doingagain, bah!

-Z

Had same problem as you on my N/A mate, best thing to try and do is get it as far down near the side intakes as possible, and just dont go through any big puddles.

I did on my N/A and the filter got ***** wet thru, and stalled my engine, had to do some rinsing at the side of the road till it was dry.

Hmm had mine for about 2 yrs now and never had a problem with it getting soaked...

Only thing i didnt like was the pants flexipipe for the air, shoulda left the stock parts in for the air delivery, have you guys used the flexi or stayed with the stock setup?

-Z

i removed everything on the stock side of it, i used the flexi, i hooked it over the bit of mesh on the intake and cable tied it and the fed it next to the water pipe and cable tied it but left a few inches for me to turn to face the filter, worked out well and has stuck well, just had to watch how tight i made the cable tie round the water pipe coz it started to squash it and thats wouldnt have been a good idea lol

hah, same setup i used!

Any problems getting the stock stuff off? One of the joining nut thingys refused to budge, near the water pipes if i remember correctly was being a pain, so ended up yanking that thing right off. Good old fashioned cowboy antics never fail :D

-Z

ive just put the pipe that came with the k&n back on, stock setup with the filter attatched causes surges in power, doesnt feel right

Really? hmm i'da thought it may have been slighly better as the stock cold air feed seemed more efficient... :huh: ah well. Guess thats something i dont havta bother with doing, wa-hey :D

-Z

onjly nut that pis sed me off was the one next to the intake mesh behind th fuel pipe coz the fuel pipe is metal and hard to twist around it lol, part from that it was really simple to fit which makes a change when dealing with car mods