Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Active Spoiler Issue

SynnX

Hi

I seem to have an issue with the active spoiler. About a week ago I started the car and the spoiler light was flashing. I pressed the Auto Off button a couple of times and it cleared it, and I thought everything was ok.

When driving along, and you hit the right speed, the spoiler light comes on so I thought everything was ok.

I've just tried to show a mate of mine the active spoiler at work, by turning the ignition to point 1 and pressing the Down button, but nothing's happening. The light isn't coming on, the spoiler isn't coming down and all I can hear is a clicking noise.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

synn

You only turned it the first click on the ignition? Isnt it the second click that activates it?

Its a strange thing the active spoiler. One thing i noticed was that if you unlock the car and get in and maybe not start it for about 2mins - the active spoiler wont move.

It seems the active spoiler only works when you get in and start up straight away.

Maintenace mode or something?

Also isnt it stupid how you can only put the spoiler down manually when you first open the car up. If you drive somewhere and park up you need to lock the car and unlock it before you can press the down button :rolleyes:

Bit of a gimmick really that stupid spoiler. Weighs a ton anyway, better off dumping the system if your one is broken IMHO ;)

ok, Leeky's right, it is the 2nd ignition click that lets you test it ;)

Anyone have any idea why it was flashing though when I turned the ignition on. Its only happened once and cleared when I turned the spoiler off and back on again

Mine flashed once, eight months ago. Worked fine ever since.

It does do a maintenance check at start-up, so maybe if something got stuck in there...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links