Do Not Sell My Personal Information

G6 Gearbox

twinnyrider

:help: hey guys got another question, i've got a 6speed gearbox from a corolla g6 and am wanting to fit it on my ae82 corolla, i've tried but gearbox has a gap and doesnt fit properly any ideas?

ye..there were two models of uk corolla that came with the c160 six speed.

im having a guess you have the gearbox from the corolla g6 1.34efe

the one you need is from the g6r 1.6 4afe.

the one from the g6r can be mated to any 4age.

do you know what model of engine you have?

the six speed, what car did it come from?

also where did you get your gearbox?

the reason i ask is i might be able to help you

;) hey hi joe, thanx for your reply, i got the gearbox out of a g6r which infact was a 1.6litre car. the car was bought damaged and was going to be repaired but decided against it and so ended up scrapping it. i kept the box to see if i could mate it to my 4agze engine.

the box takes the same clutch as the 4age/4agze gearbox but it just wont mount properly.

also i have heard that this 6speed box will not mate to the 4a series engine but wil mate to the engine in a starlet turbo and also maybe the 20valve engines

You can mate the G6R gearbox to the 4AG but not without modifying the bell-housing with means of a sandwich plate.

I know someone who did mate a G6 gearbox successfully to his 7AGZE (4AGZE head with 7AFE block - hybrid!).

However, I really dont think its worth all the work. Whether the box can take the torque from the 4AGZE long term is unlikely.

The 4AGZE gearbox is bulletproof and houses a bigger clutch than the 4AGE gearbox.

Nad

the 4e c160 is a direct swap for any e series engine.

the 4a is the same for 4a 7a ad 20 valves.

if you dot have a use for the gearbox i might buy it off you iff you wish?

You can mate the G6R gearbox to the 4AG but not without modifying the bell-housing with means of a sandwich plate.

would it be expensive to get a sandwich plate like this made up?

thanx guys. yeh ur right nad its the bell housing that needs modigying and a sandwhich plate making up for the box. i thought the box would be good for quicker acceleration due to its closer ratios............

oh well i may jus stick it on eBay!

hey nad you dont know where i could get a wiring loom and ecu for 4agze by any chance do ya? apart from fensport i've emailed jb motorsport but dont seem to get any replies and there number isnt on their web page so cant call em :(

well i'm not really sure what they are worth, make me an offer and i'll check to see what they sell at

No selling on here if you are not a paid up member