Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whining Air Con

AvensisTony

Can anyone give me a clue?

I currently own a 51 plate 1.8 Avensis. I'm finding that during this current warm spell, the air-con (once activated) makes a loud groaning/whining/ghostly type sound when I'm going through the gears (up and down). Seems to coincide with the revs coming from the engine. 6 months ago the same problem arose, the dealer said it may just be the fan requiring a clean. They did this and it appeared to do the trick temporarily. It doesn't seem to be affecting the performace of the air-con. Do I just need a re-charge or air-con service? Or is it something more sinister?

could possibly be the "clutch unit" on the air con, compressor, or jus a faulty fan and the lube or what ever they did cured it for a bit..

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem with my Avensis Verso D4D.

While switching the gear from 1 to 2nd or from 3rd to 2nd something whines and I can´t identify what it is. The Toyota dealer changed a part but it did not help.

The problem occures both in cold and in warm condition of the motor, with and without air condition.

The Toyota dealer allready changed and adjusted the belt. Problem did not get away. Now he is suspecting the steering.