Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advise Needed - Warrant For Arrest

TheNissanMan

Ho hum... Just popped around to see an old friend who I haven't seen in months who had saved a letter for me from a address I lived at ages ago...

Apparently my old 200sx (haven't owned in months and months) was issued a parking ticket on the 4th January 2004 which I did nothing about. The local magistrates have now issued a warrant for my arrest for not appearing in court for the princely sum of 45 squids.

As I wasn't aware of the alleged ticket anyone have any advise before I call them up later ??

Does this technically mean I'm an outlaw lol....

If they were that bothered about arresting you I think they would have by now.

So I would just ignore it or ring them up.

Personnally I would ignore it and then if you were arrested you could 'do' them for false arrest afterwards (plus accusation of parking ticket of car you don't own...plus trauma you incure due to these false accucations :D etc, etc. ).

lol - a warrant for your arrest - anyone would think it was for murder, not a parking ticket! :lol:

I say just call them up and offer to pay the £45, explain you havent lived at that address for years, didnt forward your mail and havent had that car in ages either, so you werent aware of this heinous crime. :D

I'm still giglling over the fact I'm a wanted person for such a major crime, I know the government are clampin down on drivers and trying to extort as much money as possible but this does take it a little far :D :D :D

Think I might make a run for it and live in spain for a couple of years till the heat dies off :D :D :D

Be careful that they don't want a lot more than 45bucks mate, that's a long time to keep incurring charges!

I wouldn't ignore them though phone 'em up, try and give 'em some evidence that you haven't lived there and offer to pay the fine, they WILL catch up with you eventually and it won't be pretty :thumbsup:

Just realised that the MX5 was registered to the same address so will be on their records.

Will phone them when they open and make payment this week, otherwise I can see me benig stopped on the way to JAE as they would tag me from one of their tax & identity cameras which I'm sure there will be a couple on the way to JAE, wouldn't be the perfect way to start the JAE weekend, although would be quite amusing if I was delivered to the stand in a police Lexus :D

Yeah but it could be a police C*rs* specially chavved up for the event! :lol:

Yes, best thing is to get in touch and get it paid. They can catch up with people easily these days.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links