Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting Flies Off Cars

nrgizerbunny

Due to the onset of summer and me having to drive to my graduation tomorrow (480mile roundtrip) I can forsee the problem of having my car absolutely covered in flies.

Does anyone have any good ways of getting them off? when i wash my car it looks as though they all come off but once the body is dry I see dead bits of fly still attached. :angry:

Wax the front of your car loads when it comes time to wash them off, it will be much easier.

Also when you get to where your going, give the car a wash so they don't have time to bed in....

You coming back down to Bath then?

Saw loads of the peeps coming out of the abbey from their graduation, and the girl I work with has hers on friday :D

Brillo pads!!!

:D

I do hope thats not what you use on your car John? lol

Autoglym do some excellent stuff, Rich let me borrow some the other week when, after he borrowed my car, there were hoards of dead flies on it - gets them off really easily!

Think its Autoglym Tar Treatment or something like that....??

Letting them soak is good too... place wet tea towels over the nose of your car.. or affected areas... let them soak for a bit... and then they are easier to remove...

As said before... once you have got them off make sure you polish and wax her well.. and it will be easier next time :thumbsup:

cling film the bumoper up on way to shwos etc then u peel it off and no bugs

I like this idea.... So much easier than having someone sat on the bonnet with a fly swat. :D :thumbsup:

I actually have fly removing wipes. Turtle wax do them!!!

Alternativly you can examine the fliesplats to see what parts of the car at the front create the most drag :thumbsup:

You call that bug splatted!? ;)

You call that bug splatted!?  ;)

Not bad considering that was at over a hundred miles an hour!!!! :rolleyes:

AT BRUNTINGTHORPE! :lol:

excellent idea :thumbsup:

I always find a well placed jetwash nozzle gets rid of most of the flies on my car

I actually have fly removing wipes. Turtle wax do them!!!

Alternativly you can examine the fliesplats to see what parts of the car at the front create the most drag  :thumbsup:

LMAO :D

yes i'm back in bath for the day, tomorrow. I shall endeavour to take some piccies, although i might not post them cos i'll look like a pratt in my square hat.

I shall give the autoglym a go and see how i get on. i was thinking meths to soften and then quickly shower down but that may be a bit drastic plus i'm sure its not good for the paint. <_<

I like this idea.... So much easier than having someone sat on the bonnet with a fly swat. :D :thumbsup:

I am doing just that for JEA :thumbsup: Clingfilming KITT that is... and not employing Rich to sit on the bonnet unless he was......mmmmmm but thats another story.

:P

is clingfilm really all that wise especially if you have a black car, it might melt to the metal.

Might do the engine, save that getting dirty especially the exhaust manifold! :thumbsup::lol:

I am doing just that for JEA :thumbsup: Clingfilming KITT that is... and not employing Rich to sit on the bonnet unless he was......mmmmmm but thats another story.

:P

I would becareful with that what if the cling film goes hard in the sun and removes your paint work instead :help:

jerry!!

Alternativly you can examine the fliesplats to see what parts of the car at the front create the most drag  :thumbsup:

Isn't that what Minardi use as a wind tunnel?

You know the stuff that the toc stickers are made out of..

use that on your bumper ala Kimi style hehe

Yeah but microwavable clingfilm is able to withstand temperatures way hotter than an engine will ever get to, and anyway I was going to put it on KITTs bumper and wing mirrors. ;) and maybe around the bottom of her doors :thumbsup: